No holes for windscreen??

Ocelot

I bought a 2012 that came to me naked. I have all the fairings in a box. But it didn't come with a windscreen or mirrors, both of which I'd like on the bike. I'm looking at the front fairings and it honestly doesn't look like it has any holes for a windscreen. Am I missing something? Can anyone help direct me to how/where a windscreen would attach to this?

Attachments

Jerzee55

I bought a 2012 that came to me naked. I have all the fairings in a box. But it didn't come with a windscreen or mirrors, both of which I'd like on the bike. I'm looking at the front fairings and it honestly doesn't look like it has any holes for a windscreen. Am I missing something? Can anyone help direct me to how/where a windscreen would attach to this?
There should be a total of 6 holes, three on each side, that hold rubberized press fit threads that screws fit into to hold on the windscreen, and are about 3/8" in diameter. The far right picture you posted seems to have two of those holes visible, but difficult to tell from your pictures. The screws are plastic, so do NOT overtighten them on your install. FWIW, I bought a set of all six from China on E-bay, inserts and screws for under $12, shipped, and they took about two weeks to arrive. YMMV... :)) If you look at the exploded parts diagrams on a Yamaha parts dealer, you should see how to assemble them, Large flange outside, pressed into the plastic fairing, then the windscreen, and finally insert the screws. :) Good luck! :)) One side pictured below...

Attachments

Fabes_movin

I have a black chinese windscreen that you are welcome to.
You could line it up and hold it in place with some tape. Then use a step bit to drill the holes.
Then use windscreen screws.