Newbie Small Crash Today =O(

BamaB

I had a low side slide going around a corner after an intersection on my New to Me 2011 FZ6R....It was more embarrassing than hurtful. I did knock my left signal off (not broken) it still works when u plug the connector up. I have some sciffs on the side and some on the left fairings. It bentu foot shifter slightly in. I take the MSF course next week, but got a great deal on a bike this weekend. Sucks to drop it this early, but you live, learn, & get back on.

I did manage to ride some more for about 15 mins after the low speed slide. I didn't hit my head, but I did skin my knee thru my jeans & small road rash only left arm.

The bike:
-left signal came off (not broken)it still functions when plugged up
-not leaking fluids
-no engine lights came on
-started right back up

Any suggestions besides the OBVIOUS... Take then MSF Course! LOL
Also, are they're any good vids or illustrations for getting the turn signal put back in place?

~Pride Hurt Noob....

pkoko

I am glad you are ok. You will learn and get better. Riding is all about repetition. More importantly is that you need better gear for you and your bike.

For you:
Helmet
Gloves
Jacket
Boots (you will be surprised how many broken ankle injures happen on a bike)
Pants (They make motorcycle specific jeans)

For the Bike
Frame sliders (absolute must for any bike with fairings)
case savers (if you ever track the bike or aggressively ride it.)

BamaB

Thanks for the encouragement.... I shoulda worn my new jacket.... Hell, I just purchased one with padded arms, shoulders & back.... I did have my helmet & gloves on!

I want frame sliders ASAP!!! Any advice for a bent gear shifter & turn signal fix?