New Mirrors and my plastiDip windscreen

cjsFZ6R

Hey guys I just finished changing my mirrors and painting my windscreen with plasit dip. I must say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I love the mirrors! I was worried like everyone else about how well I would be able to see out of them but it works greats, honestly looks aside i feel more comfortable with the new mirrors. I used the 07-08 zx-6r mirrors and they fit great.. The windscreen has a little issue near the bottom where i may have accidently put a thumb print on it before it was totally dry and i'm thinking of scraping it off and doing it again but we will see, for now i'm happy with it. Still looking for something else to add to it to finish it off...

Thanks for MadMike for helping me with questions I had... Sorry this photo isn't very good i took it with my phone...

iSpoolin

Did you paint the outside of the screen?

Looks good, just looks rough

cjsFZ6R

Did you paint the outside of the screen?

Looks good, just looks rough
Lol, i know, thats why i'm redoing it.. I originally did the inside but didn't like how it reflected, so i did the outside too... not a big deal, easy enough to remove and do over :)

cjsFZ6R

Oh i thought he ment rough like bad, I intended for it to be flat black to match the other black on the bike, I did it again today because its rough around the edges and on the bottom with the thumb print.. it looks a lot better this time around! once I get the flush mounts on I'll post new pix that are better ... Thanx!

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

newnovice

which plasti dip did you use?

your shield looks awesome !!!

which plasti dip did you use? i want the matte black - but i want to pain the inside.....

also do you have any pics of how the shield looks when its painted matte black from inside ??

thanks!

cjsFZ6R

I took the paint off the inside of the screen yesterday becasue when i was riding at night the way the orange light from the gages lit up the screen messed with my eyes and I didn't like that at all... I used the spray can of plasti dip in matte black... and thanx :) its repainted now so i'll put up new pix of it with the finished FZ6r graphics I made once i get them all on. Turns out the glue you use to patch holes in pools works perfectly on plasti dip and sticks perfectly.