New Kid

Rick2862

OK, So I'm no kid (48) but new here. However, riding the FZ6R makes me feel like a kid again. Been riding dirt and motocross bikes since I was 12, finally decided to do battle with the cagers. The bike had to be a Yamaha, and the 6R was a natural choice. Even my brother who rides HD's was impressed with it.
Picked it up July 3rd, only managed 230 miles so far (due to work and other commitments), but lovin' it. Mods so far: clear double bubble, Targa FE, Puig carbon look hugger, Pazzo gold shorty levers and IR no-cut sliders. TBR carbon exhaust w/ Juice Box is on it's way from Nate at New Enough ( great price!)
Live in west central WI and work in Plant Engineering at 3M, so it should be snowing in about 3 months!
Been lurking here since last winter when I decided on the 6R, seems like a great bunch of people with a vast knowledge of this bike and street riding in general.

Roaddawg

Welcome and nice looking ride. May not be the fastest color according to some here (those yellow owners :sinister:), but its the damn sexiest color....like they say, once you go black! :D

2w05thletes

Real nice looking bike Rick! Yellow is the obviously sexier color :cheer:, but that gold gives you bonus points! I was born and raised in GB and can't say I envy you for the short riding season. OK may be hotter but I can ride year round. Be safe and enjoy your beauty.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rick2862

Yeah, had to have the gold wheels. They only had 1 2010 Raven, 7 of the
09's. Anybody ever fit these things with ski's?:D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Wow you have a lot of money! Just bought a new bike and straight off the bat new exhaust, pazzo's and double bubble etc!

Officially, Welcome!

Rick2862

There are some advantages to being old(er)! :)
In my (much) younger days we used to ride our bikes on the roads during winter using our feet for skis. That was back when the law didn't bother you with petty things. Don't think the 6R is as suited to that as the YZ250 though.:eek:

husker525

Welcome to the site! I would bet you the median age on this site is around 35. A couple of older guys up the age....lol

fz6rwolf

welcome, and same age so don't feel like the only old man 'round here lol.

Rick2862

Discounts on AARP memberships?? lol
Remember, age is relative... When you're over the hill, you pick up speed! :D

nashvillenobody

no spring chicken here either at 45, and been riding bikes since I was 15. My first street bike was a Yamaha 400 Special II, brand new off the showroom floor in 1981! Welcome to the site..

Insure Gal

Nice bike congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum - drop the kick stand and chat a while! :)

Rick2862

Thanks, nice place to hang out on a rainy day!
Just got the TBR exhaust/juice box from New Enough.
Talked to Nate about power tips, he said he didn't think the TBR exhaust was loud enough. Said he's been in 2 crashes due to same. Suggested I try it for a few days before getting a power tip. When I opened the box I see it already had a P1 installed. Could go to the P1-X to drop the sound level more if needed.