New guy here. First bike ever.

FZ6R_WRX

Hello everyone. I just bought my 2014 Fz6r almost 2 weeks ago. I've never rode a bike before but when I went to the dealership and sat on the bike, I knew I had to have this. It's good looking and a real comfortable bike and my cousins said it would suit me for a starter bike. As this being my first bike and all I hope to gain more knowledge of motorcycles on and off the road. And I'll be on this forum to learn too. Hope to hear from you guys and thanks in advance.

Attachments

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

FZ6R_WRX

Yeah I don't think I'll be going hardcore on this bike. I'll mostly be using this for work since gas is ridiculously expensive.

mspHtown

Yeah I don't think I'll be going hardcore on this bike. I'll mostly be using this for work since gas is ridiculously expensive.
I would think twice about commuting on a bike here in Houston, especially if you have never ridden before. Enjoy the bike on the weekends.

jammer

Had mine for a month now and the best advice I have gotten is don't let others force you to ride at uncomfortable speeds, wear your gear all the time (ATGATT), and check tire pressure its sneaky mean.

FZ6R_WRX

Yeah its true about the traffic out here. So far, my cousins were prepping me before I go take my msf class and showed me what the instructors are going to be looking for while you're riding. But they live in the outskirts of San Antonio where there's a lot of open road which would be perfect for practice riding.

J

justBlue

Welcome Sir -I'm a Houstonian also... Love that heat and humidity! I'm sweating like a raped ape already and it's only June. lol

Fizzer6R

welcome and congrats!... like said, be very careful in traffic, believe that they don't see you and try get around them asap (safely) if you can.

blkbrd

Elite Member