New FZ6R owner......

D

doc_simple

It's purty but I am not sure whats up with the swingarm. It looks really small, not that I know if that's better or worse :)

Nelly

welcome mate..hope its everything you wanted and more..continue to give feedback (and pics) whenever you get the chance..theres been good reviews of it from what ive read

P.S @ Nelly..you didnt hang about did ya..lol. (new avatar)
You gota stay ahead mate lol.

Back on topic, I wonder if it is restricted by the same throttle lock that the UK and European bikes have (on the 78Hp FZ6s)?

A

alfagama

first of all, welcome and congratulations for your new Bike, I still rememeber the excitement of having to ride the first bike. Almost a year later, I still have the same feeling.

I should be one of those pissed by your proposal to name it FZ6N, as mine is a N for Naked, but in my case, being my first bike, Newbie fits perfectly.

Your new bike looks very cool, I really like it. And having a bit less power than the regular FZ6 may be in your favor, but I guess that it's still plenty of power to get in front of the crowd.

Congrats again, respect the break in period and DRIVE CAREFULLY, it's the best way to enjoy these beauties.

H

Humperdinkel

Nice looking bike despite all the ribbing they get :thumbup: , now i know what would happen if a Gixxer 6 snuck over the fence and did Mummy & Daddy things with an R6....

fuzzylogic

the black box under the bike appears to be a muffler/cat combo. i'm assuming this because i can't find the cat anywhere else. if this is indeed the case it will probably make getting an aftermarket pipe expensive.

the bike itself is very quiet. i met up with a friend of mine who has a SV650 with a pipe on it and i actually had to check to make sure it hadn't died because i couldn't hear it over his bike while they were both idling.

the swing arm is a little smaller than the arm on my buddies SV but its a tad longer.

sorry about the newbie reference for you guys with the naked bikes. it didn't click until a few minutes ago that the naked fizzers are FZ6Ns. maybe FZ6L (for light) would be more acceptable? =D

Attachments

O

OneTrack

The FZ6R does look sharp in black. As I mentioned in another post, I think it's a nice looking bike in its own right, and (dare I say it) has a more sporty look than the FZ6, imo, mainly due to the "real" sportbike seat.
Welcome to the forum!

C

CrazyBiker

ask and you shall receive...

thanks for the warm welcome :thumbup:
Now Let the modding begin.

Paint those forks black, will you.

The fender actually doesn't look bad. What else you could mod?

Actually looks good in flesh!

K

keira

Welcome to our first (I think) FZ6R owner!

The hubs had a YZF600R as his last bike, and loved it, your bike is kind of the new version of that one. You will enjoy every minute on it, I am sure. :)

fuzzylogic

wow, i guess i am the first one aren't i? i was actually the first one to purchase one from this dealer as they only received them about a week and a half ago. do i get an honorary title? maybe a cookie?

reiobard

very cool looking bike, i still want to see one in real life, so i might have to swing by a dealership to see if they have have any in my area yet.

Welcome to the forum

Ride lots and post often!!!

F

Fz6Sa

The FZ6S superimposed on the FZ6R ....

Looks like the R is the answer for all that wants a lower bike .....

H

Hollywood416

:welcome: They really are a great looking bike. It would be nice if the fairings would fit the regular FZ though cause I like the fairings on it a lot better.

M

MarinaFazer

:welcome:

Perhaps ADMIN can add a section in the forum dedicated to the 6R instead of a new site. I mean, it's nearly the same, right? LOL ;)

Thanks for having the balls to post on here! Says a lot!

ps: it's a sexy bike you got there! don't let them tell you otherwise, and there are lots of peeps who could ride it faster/better than someone on a regular fz6

M

MarinaFazer

also, make sure to bring it to the next Big Bear ride since you're in Redlands. :steve:

reiobard

The FZ6S superimposed on the FZ6R ....

Looks like the R is the answer for all that wants a lower bike .....
Interesting. looks like the front lines up pretty well, then back might work too, since there is no undertail exhaust it might be able to be lowered like the R.

H

hardway

congrats on the new bike, and welcome!
I like the way it looks, sexy bike for sure!