New Bike - Won't Turn Over

MRNJ00

Go to start my bike this morning...no problem...went to walk it up to the front of the house in first gear and tripped causing me to let the clutch all the way out and bike stalled. Went to restart and no turn over. Tried several times with no luck. Started getting clicking. Put it on the tender hoping this would do the trick. Bike is new, just got it in Feb and only 200 miles on it. If it's not the battery any suggestions? I last rode in on Wednesday. It's been way cold though last two nights though and it wasn't on the tender those nights.

thoughts?

djf18374

Is it in neutral when you try to start it? Might not start when it's in gear...

Sage

Is there an electrical clip not connceted over there? That's what was wrong with mine when it wouldn't turn over in gear, this wire makes that possible. Another member could probably show a photo as i'm not near my bike

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chucker

It's been way cold though last two nights though and it wasn't on the tender those nights.

thoughts?
The cold for a few nights, or weeks for that matter, wouldn't affect it. A battery tender would only be necessary for several weeks/months.

The clicking is usually a sign that there isn't enough juice to engage the starter. Stalling it in first gear popping the clutch shouldn't cause this. Something must be loose or shorting.

MRNJ00

I put back in nuetral and it wouldn't catch fire, just trying to turn over, but battery was draining every time I tried and got to point where it was clicking. I'm at work now, so once I get off I'll try again. May have just been too cold, who knows. I put in gear and pulled clutch in and put in neutral and still same thing. It just kept trying to turn over, but no fire, then just was draining the battery.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

bmw675

out of curiosity, those that had problems with the kickstand switch, does it stop it from turning over or firing. never had the problem yet, but i know many of you have.

ksanbon

out of curiosity, those that had problems with the kickstand switch, does it stop it from turning over or firing. never had the problem yet, but i know many of you have.
The kickstand-switch cuts off power to the starter when the bike's in gear.

redwing-2001

When the bike stalled did it lurch forward and could you possibly hit the kill switch?

Road Rubber2009

I put back in nuetral and it wouldn't catch fire, just trying to turn over, but battery was draining every time I tried and got to point where it was clicking. I'm at work now, so once I get off I'll try again. May have just been too cold, who knows. I put in gear and pulled clutch in and put in neutral and still same thing. It just kept trying to turn over, but no fire, then just was draining the battery.
is your red on/off button off ? maybe you slipped and turned it off when you tripped?

MRNJ00

Thanks all for your replies... Was likely just too cold... May look at changing oil and getting better viscosity to deal with colder mornings. All was good when I came home. Started right up. Appreciate all the advice...