need replacement forks fast

Dogfish

Im new to this so dont freak out if i screw this up.:eek: i just low sided my 09 fz6r @ 50mph and did a good job trashing the front end. i need to replace both forks and am having a heck of a time finding stock replacements. there are tons of r6 front ends out there but im not sure how involved it is going to be. can anyone tell me my easy way out

mike

Im new to this so dont freak out if i screw this up.:eek: i just low sided my 09 fz6r @ 50mph and did a good job trashing the front end. i need to replace both forks and am having a heck of a time finding stock replacements. there are tons of r6 front ends out there but im not sure how involved it is going to be. can anyone tell me my easy way out
Its going to be hard to find forks used as most would be damaged. You can always go new but not going to be cheap. [url=http://www.yamahapartshouse.com

Dogfish

new forks vs. other

Im finding that out the HARD way. i would like to find out the best way to upgrade at this point if im gonna spend a ton. i have found a set of raven forks on craigslist but the caliper bolt holes are slightly different. The od. of the fork tube is the same and the legnth is very close to my stock setup. i also need a front wheel as u would guess. I need to fix it as quickly and as cheap as possible(avoiding shortcuts) of coarse. just dont know what i can cross parts from? R6/Fz6/r1 etc.... help.
thanks mike for the reply. first ever using any forums or otherwise, wasnt sure if i had any clue what to do.

Dogfish

thanks, i think im beyond that. i need both tubes and legs. they were snapped on impact.... i think i found a used but bent set of legs on ebay and i figured on exactly that, having to purchase tubes and internals. i was just trying to minimize the pain by finding a good set somewhere. think its wise to use whatever internals i can from my now" two" sets of forks.? never rebuilt forks before but it sounds like a hoot!