My new (to me) gear setup!

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, my riding buddies just kept throwing the deals at me!!!

Gear doesnt match the bike at all, and I dont care one bit! I bought the deal, not the color. Wouldnt have been able to buy if I would have got new/correct colors... I'm protected now when I hit the twisties and that is all that matters. Not wearing this to and from work of course. Have other jacket and gloves for that.

Here is what I got!

Moto GP Kangaroo leather 1 piece suit
Alpinestars GP Plus Gauntlet gloves
Dainese back protector/vest with rib pads
Oxtar Riding boots

(dog not included ;))

All for the sum of $275! Crazy that everything fit me. And everything is in great condition. Just could not pass it up for that price. This is over $1,200 worth of gear.

Pic:

Last edited:

Detrich

Sweet! That's an unbeatable deal... Congrats!

Btw, your dog has the, "i'm so bummed- cuz I have a feeling my daddy loves these clothes more than he loves me" look...

Hahahaha... xP. jk. jk...

Last edited:

Spunky99

Great deal...You da Man

JSP

Super Moderator
Sweet! That's an unbeatable deal... Congrats!

Btw, your dog has the, "i'm so bummed- cuz I have a feeling my daddy loves these clothes more than he loves me" look...

Hahahaha... xP. jk. jk...
haha yeah! I had to shoosh him out of the way a couple times and he just did circles around everything. Kept wanting to lay on the suit. Finally just sat next to it.

Detrich

Hahahahaha... :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice setup... now, lets get some pictures of you on the yellow bike! (can't be as bad as the guy in the other thread on a ninja with Yamaha leathers on)

Bad Ruger.... no laying on the $1000 suit:D
Was going to go out this weekend with a camera and try to get some corner shots. Not a high end camera at all so not sure how they will turn out. But I will post them still. Its really not too bad. Ive actually seen a few riders on yellow bikes with the same color red/black suit.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, I wouldnt want a yellow one anyway! I'd just go straight black or something. Im happy with it though.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wouldnt want a yellow one anyway! I'd just go straight black or something. Im happy with it though.
Oh, COME ON!!!

What's wrong with a yellow suit? Don't you like any of these? :rolleyes:

Detrich

lol... wow, how many bumble bee colored suits does that guy have anyways? hahahaha... they all look like his personal photos. and, they also look too big. leather should be really snug fitting and tight.

now that i've seen more photos of sport suits, am kinda wishing that i had bought a 1 piece instead of a 2 piece- only cuz the 1 piece looks sleeker without the waist line buckle. but, at the time i was shopping the 2 piece seemed more practical- since u can wear either the jacket or the pants separately if need be. not a big a deal tho...

JSP

Super Moderator
Ok! As per dart's request.... Here are some pics of me on the bike with the new gear.

As a reference.... Here is a picture that dart resurected in a previous thread. I will use this as my "before", for both form and gear. Pics are not the greatest.

BEFORE!

AFTER!

Detrich

Lookin like a pro J ... :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics! Much improved form as well! :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks everyone! Been practicing a lot while hitting the twisties. A lot of the stuff you have posted Jon has helped me as well, so thanks for that.

I actually like the suit even with the yellow bike. I dont think it really stands out as "wrong". I like it. I am going to get a gold/yellow mirror shield for my helmet to help bring it together a little as well.

JonKerr

Elite Member

ME_with_a_B

All for the sum of $275!
Wow.... that's a heckuva deal!! I'm jealous!!! :p

And you in the gear in the photos looks rad -- who cares about the colors as long as you like the stuff and you'll wear it -- that's what counts!!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Just don't try to "kiss the mirror"... :rof:

I know, I know, I'm just a smart@$$... ;)
haha yeah! :D

I changed my mind on the gold mirror shield. I just ordered a dark smoke for my helmet. Cant wait to get it put on! :thumbup: