My New Paints

Baer

After having been rear-ended, I decided that gashes and scrapes are not very pretty to look at. And I really didn't want to be going through the hastle of buying and waiting for new parts. I remember wanting to have the bike in a flat black, so now was my chance! :rockon: Three (give or take) days and much beers later, it is done :thumbup:

Picture of before:

The Damaged Side:

Removing Decals:

DON'T USE GOO GONE ON THINGS WITHOUT TRYING IT FIRST
I HAD TO SAND DOWN THE WINDSHIELD AND GAVE IT A SMOKY LOOK
Looks good but totally by accident:

Plastering and Sanding Down the Damaged side to Make it Nice Again:

Finished Product on the Left Side
Woo Transformers :thumbup::

Finished on the Right:

Anyway, that's my self done custom paint, now time to wash it!

F

FZ1inNH

That's some damned fine work for a drunk dude! ;) Seriously, I like the flat black look! Unique FZ6R already. :thumbup:

S

Shinn

That is a very nice job! Sucks you got hit but the paint job is awesome.

S

sideshow_downs

Looks awesome.

You going to do the tale and tank to match?

V

vdbergj1

Nice work :thumbup: Now you have a manly chicks bike ;) <j/k> The mat finish looks bad @$$. I think a smoked or dark screen will do some justice, I'm not to crazy about the screen, but what you had to work with, you did a gr8 job.

Now you've started something...:rockon:

MNDZA

That looks awesome. Transformers rock! I just bought the first season a couple days ago. Lots of people have no idea that there was a show more than twenty years ago.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good! I really like the fact that you added the Transformers head to the sides. :rockon:

B

Bates121

Looks great man :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

xplodnstar

Nice look. Even more stealth than before. It truly is more than meets the eye.

Watch out, blue supporters, we have a new contender.

S

staticghost

Nice....aren't u little too old for Transformers. Good way to advertise the movie opening tomorrow...LOL. Now we can finally see a true custom FZ6R.

Baer

Thanks all for the positive words :D I'm pretty happy about it, and yeah, done right when the new movie comes out haha :thumbup:

I'm just worried about some punks stealing the decals thinking they're cool :(

ps. One is never too old for transformers! Including the classics. Thats' my childhood! :rockon:

phocoyote7

Nice look. Even more stealth than before. It truly is more than meets the eye.

Watch out, blue supporters, we have a new contender.
Should I make a matt blue bike :eek: j/k

Baer

very cool man. so where do I send in my fz6r parts to get painted? :rockon:
Haha thanks. Well, since it's a one of a kind sort of thing as of now, inflation rates are up :D Best bet is to just buy a can o' spray paint like myself hah. Don't forget the beer too! :thumbup:

hld4rvr

Man that looks bad A$$. I don't post much but i had to comment on this. I want to do mine now, got any beer left? LOL
-mark