Mods I've done so far....

xplodnstar

Even by day one, I had some extras planned to add to the bike. Although I do like the look of her stock, some things were just needed and some are purely for fun.

This is when I picked her up from the dealer. I had been planning to purchase since Sept '08 when I first stumbled upon the pics online. I even put down a deposit in Jan as soon as they were taking orders.

The necessary mods include heated grips (switch in dash), handlebar helmet lock, wheel stripes (I went with white), peripheral mirrors,tank pad and a shaved seat. Everything except the seat was pre-purchased and ready when I brought the bike home. The seat took a little more time.

I also have a clear vinyl over the tank to protect it from the magnetic bag, but the picture didn't come out very well since it is clear.

Then I found some flush mount blinkers and put together a fender eliminator.

But the one I'm most proud of you'd never be able to find by just looking at it. Since the FZ6R does not have hazard lights, but does have the dummy button, I used it for my garage door opener.

Thanks to you guys, now I have the sliders on the way, too. I also broke down and bought a LED kit and I'm trying to get some steel brake lines. I'll post more pics when I get those all installed.

T

Tremulant

Nice job! I love the garage door mod! :D

This bike seems to be pretty popular with the ladies...

:welcome: to the forum!

D

DaveOTZ

Double that on the garage door mod... I have a pet peeve about dummy buttons wont buy anything with one unless the dealer can make it do something...

BTW your bike may have just given my wife the bug... YAY:rockon:

Wavex

The garage door opener mod is awesome!!! Now I have to think about how to implement something like that on my bike! Very cool.

F

FZ1inNH

This bike seems to be pretty popular with the ladies...
I was commenting to my wife about the gallery on the Yamaha site and how it is almost ONLY women driving this bike in the gallery shots.

So, do we call her the FZ6's little Sister? :rockon:

xplodnstar

Little?!?!? Have you seen the weight on this baby? And she's got plenty of kick. I think women are drawn to it because of the crisp, fast looking lines and the amazing color options.

It was the lower seat height that did it for me. I rode my hubby's hand-me-down 650R for 2 weeks and still had trouble planting my feet at the stop signs. I'm doing better with the FZ6R, although I could still use an inch or so. But it's so hard to find a really good bike that the "inseam-challenged" can still ride. The only other thing I could find at a reasonable height was the Kawi 250, and it just got to be underpowered for me.

Not to mention the pretty viney decal on this one. Definitely an eye pleaser for the girls!

jdesiano1

Beautiful, would you mind letting me know which flushmounts and fender elim you used. Congrats:cheer:

F

FZ1inNH

Little?!?!? Have you seen the weight on this baby? And she's got plenty of kick. I think women are drawn to it because of the crisp, fast looking lines and the amazing color options.
When I say Little, I mean the HP rating.... that being 78 vs. the rated 98 of the FZ6. ;) She IS 8 lbs heavier than the non-R.

And yes, the graphics package seems more designed with the women in mine, especially with the white model. The blue and yellow can go either way. :D

S

Scorphonic

Love the look of the bike, but what in the world is going on with the break light??? strange set up there.

Lovely looking bike too!!! Its a 600cc yeah?

xplodnstar

xplodnstar

so they worked for our bike? Did you have to modify anything to make them fit?
Nope. The old ones popped out and the new ones popped in. The only difference was that they do not use the 3rd pin for running lights, they are just blinkers. VERY easy to do.

xplodnstar

xplodnstar

The FE was one I picked up at CycleGear. The white one was on sale for $8, so it made sense. The lights were @ $25, but they have a neat feature of amber sides, so they are visible even to those next to me. Also the screws for the plate have LEDs so they illuminate the plate. Those were $20.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_NPBK
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_LAT1_G
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=BUZ_1043558_G

I had to bend the bracket a bit to put it at the right angle for reading the plate, but it wasn't too hard.

PVD_FZ6R

I really like the garage door mod. Do you have any pics or more info. on what you did to make it happen? I have a Genie keychain opener but it's a bit bulky. Cheers.

fz6rwolf

PVD, RI? I'm off Branch Ave.

fuzzylogic

The FE was one I picked up at CycleGear. The white one was on sale for $8, so it made sense. The lights were @ $25, but they have a neat feature of amber sides, so they are visible even to those next to me. Also the screws for the plate have LEDs so they illuminate the plate. Those were $20.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_NPBK
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_LAT1_G
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=BUZ_1043558_G

I had to bend the bracket a bit to put it at the right angle for reading the plate, but it wasn't too hard.
just ordered the FE and both the front and read blinkers. hopefully they get here before my day off so i can install them!

Y

Yatz86

garage door mod was a neat thing..

now why didnt think of that...hehe:p

V

vdbergj1

Nice bike! Want a white one as well, but I'll have to get rid of the fairy stripes as my first mod.

The garage door thing, sorry to sound stupid, but how? Did you connect a standard remote opener somehow?

08fz6

actually "smaller" can go a bit farther such as brakes, such as tires, such as exhaust.... lots of things....but yes deff. awesome on the garage door opener!!!!!!