Modified 06 R6 Exhaust On The 09 6R!

Spunky99

Have you tried a tight right turn yet?
One where you are in a nice lean....?
Looks like your pipe is gonna hit the pavement before the peg feelers do...
I had this same problem...

No programmer, that was not in the budget. I was a little nervous about running without one but it seems to run well. The R6 can is definitely not very restrictive (you can see right through it) but it seems to run well, idle is smooth and there isn't excessive popping or backfiring so I left it. I will probably eventually get a programmer but not anytime in the near future.

Sometimes when we sit in traffic for extended periods of time, or long slow (under 40mph) sections of road, she says that her foot gets a warm. It is never unbearable but noticeable when moving slow, I think the exhaust has a chance to rise more than just get blown out the back and warms her shoe up. No melting or burning and we have done some long slow rides in 85+ degree weather.

yamanube

Have you tried a tight right turn yet?
One where you are in a nice lean....?
Looks like your pipe is gonna hit the pavement before the peg feelers do...
I had this same problem...
I have not, I haven't even tested it yet, it might hit before the peg...if it does I will let you guys know but in FL there seem to be very few twisty roads.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

cpd6l42

Pictures!

Sounds very cool, can't wait to see the pictures. My phase one! I cut my exhaust right before the cat and then welded on a straight pipe. Saw it on YOUTUBE, so I can't take credit, but had a muffler shop bend the pipe and then painted it with the high heat black paint(2000%) so it looked alot better. It was extremly loud so phase two was to modify the straight pipe with a small baffle(made my own muffler) and added header clamps to both ends. That way I can switch from straight pipe to muffler pipe. Phase three will be to add a header clamp to the old exhaust so I can go back to stock by just removing three bolts. Be Safe,
Finally got the pictures taken. Modified the original straight pipe to add the baffle. (Still very loud) I won't be doing just a straight pipe now that I have the original exhaust mounted back up with the header clamps. But I can change from original to baffled pipe in about three minutes. I need the original to go to some track days next year around here. The header clamp is the triangle piece with the 3 bolt holes welded onto the end of the pipe. There is one welded onto the original cat/muffler and one welded onto the headers with the bolts welded into that one. You can see the baffle in the one photo.

As a side note, does anyone else belong to NESBA(NorthEast Sport Bike Association) and go to their track days? If you purchased a new (never titled) Yamaha in 2010 you can get a credit from NESBA to use towards track days. Go to the Yamaha website or NESBA.com for information.

Attachments

newnovice

video or sound clip ???

looking good...

does any one have a video or sound clip of this mod.. ???

would be really interested to see the sound of a cut 06 r6 can on the FZ6R !!!

waiting... :)

scottex

Have my D&D ordered. Probably be here Tues since they won't be moving it on labor day. Will post pics. Got it for 79 + shipping (29). Not bad. Has some rash on it, but a lil high temp paint and some mig work to fab up mounting tabs it'll be all good. :wav::D

After looking closely at the pics.. I may be spending some time "filling in" the dents with low heat and high wire speed. Then grinding , sanding, THEN painting. :noworries:
is that the D&D slip on for the 1999 to 2002 R6? what headers did you get for this? can you post some pics of this mod, how was the outcome?