Military Sport Rider Course

ylwf3vr

I will be taking the Military Sport Rider Course next month. I took the BRC and ERC before. I've read the description and it sounds pretty demanding. "If you cannot safely do the first 2 exercises properly you will be removed"

Some told me there are a lot of leaning the bike to corner and such. I was never a "leaner" lol. Always afraid ill go down. So on my ninja and Daytona I didn't really lean the bike on turns as much as others.

Have any of you taken it? What's it like?

And how easy is it to lean this bike? (I didn't really know what key words to use to search)

Ricenoodle

Just like the BRC, the MSRC eases you into it. Although they expect you to be comfortable with riding already so if you are taking your own bike be familiar with how it handles. It is a faster pace course with lots of cornering but techniques will be taught to you before hand and you won't be required to do anything too crazy. Throttle control and staying in the friction zone to manipulate the tight u turn box is what i would focus on if you're worried about it. Laying the bike down once won't get you kicked off, a guy in my class did that. Twice will.

ylwf3vr

Ok great! That's what we worked on during the Experienced Rider Course. Slow maneuvers. But I hear Sport Bike Course is more on the fast speeds.

ylwf3vr

Just like the BRC, the MSRC eases you into it. Although they expect you to be comfortable with riding already so if you are taking your own bike be familiar with how it handles. It is a faster pace course with lots of cornering but techniques will be taught to you before hand and you won't be required to do anything too crazy. Throttle control and staying in the friction zone to manipulate the tight u turn box is what i would focus on if you're worried about it. Laying the bike down once won't get you kicked off, a guy in my class did that. Twice will.
What base are u stationed in?

redwing-2001

there is no "box" in this course and no focusing on any slow speed skills. It is an advanced course focusing on self assessment, advanced techniques in cornering, swerving and braking. Students use their own motorcycles.

abyss1406

Motorcycle safety rep for FRCSW @ NAS north island. Youll do fine, they more or less teach you how to take corners safely. More quick stops, how and when to lean on what corners. its a quicker pace but its still in a controlled enviorment

ylwf3vr

Thank you all for the input! I'll report my thoughts after. It's scheduled for next month..

Ricenoodle

My mistake, no box, i took my bike to both courses so the thoughts ran into each other. You'll have fun, just be comfortable with how your bike handles. I'm at Joint Base Pearl Harbor.

ylwf3vr

My mistake, no box, i took my bike to both courses so the thoughts ran into each other. You'll have fun, just be comfortable with how your bike handles. I'm at Joint Base Pearl Harbor.
Thanks. Off topic.. are there any good used bikes at the lemon lot there? My friend is looking for a bike.. Hickham was no good

mikebaileyvienna

Elite Member

ylwf3vr

From what I heard the MSRC is only for the Active Duty Military.. in the civilian side I think it's called Advanced Rider Course

Motorcycle Safety Foundation