Michelin Road 5 GT Rear Tire

Clint

I'm looking to install a slightly larger Michelin road 5 GT tire on the rear. Does anyone have experience with this size or style of tire? I'm hoping for long highway tire wear. Hopefully more than 10,000 miles.

Just_Jim

I'm running Road 5's on my bike - awesome tires. 10,000 miles should be no problem.

You don't need the GT tire. Those are for the heavyweight sport tourers. The FZ6R will get great mileage on the standard Road 5.

I'd advice against running anything larger than a 160 on the rear, it will just screw up your handling.

Clint

I'm running Road 5's on my bike - awesome tires. 10,000 miles should be no problem.

You don't need the GT tire. Those are for the heavyweight sport tourers. The FZ6R will get great mileage on the standard Road 5.

I'd advice against running anything larger than a 160 on the rear, it will just screw up your handling.
Thanks Jim- I really appreciate your input- keep riding :)

Squidward

I hear there's a new Road 6 now, supposedly has better grip and mileage

But then again the Road 5 should be cheaper now

Just_Jim

I'm still seating on the fence between the Road5 or the pilot power 2ct!!!
I ran the PP 2CT's on my R6. They were a great tire with great dry grip and pretty decent wet grip. They were also a good track day tire. I also ran PP 3's on that bike, but liked the 2CT's better.

The Road 5's have very good grip in wet and dry conditions and you'll get probably twice the miles out of them as you would a set of 2CT's. I'd be running Road 5's on my R6 if I still had it - I don't do track days anymore.

If you're just sticking to road riding, I'd go with the Road 5's. If you want to do a few track days, the 2CT's are a good tire for that.

Also, the 2CT's are less expensive than the Road 5's.

You can't go wrong with either tire.

sempre1

Tnk you for your feedback about the Road 5 all my life i have had sportbikes and in the past i've had used the 2c but not on this bike. Just like you've mentioned both tires seems to be a great choice!
've mentioned