Lucas Oil - Injector Cleaner

Willieiso118

Be very careful with these corrosive injector cleaners, they will rot your fuel filter. In fuel injected vehicles the fuel is pumped forward from the fuel tank to the fuel system, bringing it up to its operating pressure. When the filter is degraded by the corrosive cleaner, it can cause a blockage, requiring the fuel pump need to work harder to get the system up to pressure. The pump could fail prematurely, and / or your injectors be damaged due to fuel starvation.

The proper way to clean fuel injectors is to disconnect the fuel line and run the engine on a pressurized tank of cleaner with "NO ENGINE LOAD"....

Please be careful with many of those snake oil products at your parts store !!!:Sport:

Lucas is not the typical corrosive fuel system treatment. I have used it in powersport applications for years. It works real good in 2 stroke applications because of the lubricating properties

KeysRider3

Lucas is not the typical corrosive fuel system treatment. I have used it in powersport applications for years. It works real good in 2 stroke applications because of the lubricating properties
I've used Lucas products in my bikes (FI and carb), cages (all FI), and 4 stroke power equipment with good results. Yamaha also makes a good fuel conditioner/ fuel system cleaner that can be used in any 4-stroke engine.