Lost headlight spring retainer clip.

bandito

Lost the spring retainer for the headlight bulb. Looking at the microfiche it doesn't seem to be available separately. Has anyone found a successful replacement? Or can someone post a picture for theirs so I can attempt to match it.

Last edited:
The service manual refers to it as a "headlight bulb holder". Did you try contacting a Yamaha dealer?

bulb holder.jpg

bandito

The service manual refers to it as a "headlight bulb holder". Did you try contacting a Yamaha dealer?

View attachment 41991
Never thought of looking in the manual. Thanks for replying with the image. I did contact them for the part but they don't sell it separately. I went to one of the local motorcycle garages and they gave me a retainer from a different headlight assembly. Looks similar. I might have to modify it a bit but I will update if I get it to work..

Jerzee55

You could also 'fabricate' your own, assuming you have one of clips to copy.. the wire used as a 'handle' on the box of rice from many Chinese Food take outs, is approximately the right diameter, and made of steel, like the retainer clip... :)