Looking for a bike

BluE BeasT

Hey guys. I'm new to streetbikes. Although I have owned dirtbikes in the past. I was wondering what is the first year yamaha came out with the FZ6R? And also what is a good place to search for used bikes? I've tried cycle trader but no success. Thanks guys.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Back To Reality

You can check this site. They have them sometimes for around $5500.

WOW International
That's where I bought mine. They seem to go quick.

I'd go in and tell them you want one, and they'll look around for one for you.

Nice bunch of fellows working there even if they aren't inclined to negotiate on price. I recommend negotiating on service and accessories...I got more satisfaction that way.

Brock Kickass

The FZ8 was not even on the radar when I bought, and I wanted it as soon as I saw it, so now I'm selling my FZ6R so that I can hopefully have an FZ8 broken in by the time fall riding hits. Too bad you're not closer. I've been very happy with my 6, and it will be a super bike for someone. I wish I had the $$ to just keep it and grab an 8 as well.

_serge

craigslist is a best place for a used bike, there are plenty of fz6r's for sale in US, some of them for a good price. if you're in south east, check if you would like bikes from listed here craiglook fz6r's for sale
I've sold my 2009 fz6r a couple of month ago for $4300, it had 12k miles at that time

BluE BeasT

craigslist is a best place for a used bike, there are plenty of fz6r's for sale in US, some of them for a good price. if you're in south east, check if you would like bikes from listed here craiglook fz6r's for sale
I've sold my 2009 fz6r a couple of month ago for $4300, it had 12k miles at that time

$4300...that's a pretty good deal. Bet that made somebody a happy rider. Do u guys know if the front fairings for a 2009 fz6r would fit an earlier model fz6 ?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

BluE BeasT

No it will not. The FZ6 has a completely different frame made from aluminum.
There are web sites out there that do sell fairings for the FZ6. You just have to google a little or HEY! check out the FZ6 Forum.. it's our brother site! I know they have lots of goodies there. A friend of mine just discovered a mod replacing his FZ6 handlebars for the FZ1 with 1" risers. He's in love with the mod.
Thanks. I'll check that out.