looking for a bike for my bro!

Rookasaki

Kinda a long shot here but I'll try. My brother who's stationed in Fort Carson, CO (Army) is taking the MSF course very soon. He's looking for his first bike. He's looking for a Ninja 250 or Honda CBR250 etc... I think this will be a good start for him. Anyhow, anyone here from that area? know anyone selling a 250 in that area? point me in the right direction, motorcycle shop etc... Thanks guys!

Kinda a long shot here but I'll try. My brother who's stationed in Fort Carson, CO (Army) is taking the MSF course very soon. He's looking for his first bike. He's looking for a Ninja 250 or Honda CBR250 etc... I think this will be a good start for him. Anyhow, anyone here from that area? know anyone selling a 250 in that area? point me in the right direction, motorcycle shop etc... Thanks guys!

Is he a small guy? The fz6r is my first bike. I've wanted to go the 250->600 route but when I sat on the ninja250 I felt like a giant and I am by no means a big guy (195 at 9%bf). I really didn't feel safe on that lil bike.

Why not get him into the fz6r? :)

You can get old enduros for dirt cheap. Not a big deal to lay it down. It will let him know if he likes being on 2 wheels or not. One for 700 in my area. Can trail ride and ride around town. Wish I had one!

2001 shineray enduro

You can get old enduros for dirt cheap. Not a big deal to lay it down. It will let him know if he likes being on 2 wheels or not. One for 700 in my area. Can trail ride and ride around town. Wish I had one!

2001 shineray enduro

completely agree everyone should start out in the dirt first before street. many just don't want to tho :(

my vote would be for at least a Ninja500 (via craigslist) so wont outgrow a 250 so fast

Like this ktm of mine for sale

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330879949.932492.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330879949.932492.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 4
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330879965.973571.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330879965.973571.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 4
Thanks guys... Your probably right on the bigger bike. The 500, or the 6R would be a better choice. I guess I'm just being protective, don't want to see him hurt ya know... He has a little dirt experience etc... He's 5'11 130lbs, small frame. I'm normally good at recommending a bike for people, but when it comes to blood I get all freaked out! haha.

Thanks guys... Your probably right on the bigger bike. The 500, or the 6R would be a better choice. I guess I'm just being protective, don't want to see him hurt ya know... He has a little dirt experience etc... He's 5'11 130lbs, small frame. I'm normally good at recommending a bike for people, but when it comes to blood I get all freaked out! haha.

perfectly normal feeling man.

back in the early 90s, my dad had a rocking v-star 1300. I loved taking rides with him. Sadly, he passed away and wasnt able to teach me how to ride.

When my mom heard i was getting a bike (brother told her during a phone call) she immediacy called me expressing her opinion about motorcycles (dad drove her around all the time) and told me

"If you want a bike, do not get anything less than 600cc. I would embarrassed to tell me friends my son drives a girls bike" (referring to anything below a 600)

My mom is a bit nuts though.

This may seem the un-norm for you, but a Kawi. vulcan 500 is an awsome first bike. It has the 500 ninja engine in a quasy cruiser set up. Much like a really light bonniville. They are usually dirt cheap as well. 2~3k. with 5k miles.

Back