Load Equalizer/Flasher Relay?

mokishea

I first installed the DMP/Motodynamic Integrated Taillight on my 6r and everything worked fine since it comes with an equalizer. I just installed the Proton flush mounts though, and the flush mounts work fine, but the rear turn signals are now messing up. Instead of flashing 1,2,3, 1,2,3, they're flashing outside, inside, outside, inside.

I know there are plenty of other people on here that have the same set up, so what did ya'll use to solve this problem? Neither the shop I use nor Cycle Gear were of any help, and when I researched the parts myself, there was a wide variety between prices, amps, and resistance for the equalizers. I haven't been able to figure out if there is any difference between a load equalizer and a flasher relay either. Suggestions?

Chucker

I had a similar issue where I had installed my rear LEDs with resistors while I was waiting for my Protons to arrive. Once I installed the Protons, I got fast flash on the rears. I think it's because the Protons have a very low current draw, so the mechanical flasher is overloaded even with resistors on the rears.

I put an electronic flasher in, and everythings good now. I think it cost me $25.

mokishea

I put an electronic flasher in, and everythings good now. I think it cost me $25.
Do you know what kind of flasher you got?

Chucker

Do you know what kind of flasher you got?
No. It was the only one the Yamaha dealer had. It looks just like the one in the link Chad provided.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member