LED Tail light

firefighter57

What I was thinking of doing is doing an LED tail light and LED turn signals but can not find an LED tail light that is not integrated. I kind of don't like the integrated ones because the blinker seems to really limit how big the break light is when the turn signal is on (I love the look, just kind of looks like a safety issue to me). I was also thinking of an LED bulb but am not to sure about them.

Any opinions/know where to get an led tail light that isn't integrated???

RockZooky

just dont hook up the blinkers to the intergraded tail light. Right now I have mine hooked up but i plan on running separate blinkers for the same reasons you stated.

2w05thletes

My personal solution:

:Sport:
The Pirelli Angel tires. I bought them too, haven't put them on yet. Did you get the 170 or is that the 160?

Back on topic...I too have the intergrated turn signal/tailight but have also additional blinkers.

pyrocpu

MikeN02

Or hook them up IN ADDITION to regular blinkers. Now you'd have twice the visibility of blinkers.
THIS! My friend saw my integrated tail light today and he ordered one for his R1, so I'm going to splice the wires or find a three way connection plug so he can have the tail light, and his LED turn signals. His rear LED turn signals are really small so you can't even see them on in the day time.

Then again, I showed him a bunch of parts today and he spent $500+ in an hour.

guidobergamo

======================================================
2w05thletes

I put 180. Took a good look at the difference in relation to the 160.
The brightness of these LED flexible is awesome!

pyrocpu

Man, I'm addicted to personalize my bike! Although placed several accessories still missing a lot! :D

The link from ebay: Car Bike Turn Signal Flexible Amber LED Light Strip Set: eBay Motors (item 140449301586 end time Sep-14-10 11:44:25 PDT)

:Sport:

firefighter57

guidobergamo, that looks sick. It is sleek and doesn't seem look very home made. Any trouble with the 2 sided tape staying on? Either way, I think I might have to do something like that.

2w05thletes

2w05thletes

I put 180. Took a good look at the difference in relation to the 160.
The brightness of these LED flexible is awesome!
The 180 fit on the stock rim?

spider2k

Elite Member