LED Light Kit?

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have the Custom Dynamics Street magic setup and i need some help. it comes with 9 lights but the clamp connectors only have 5 plugs, Anyone that has used these lights please get back to me asap

RonnieBlaze

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you were at Tilted Kilt in Buford Thursday weren't you? I creeped and took a few pics of your bike cause I wanted to place my LED's like yours.. it was nice to see another FZ6R :)
heh yes i was. I hit up Hooters of Lawrenceville on tuesday and the Tilted on Thursdays.

Ive only seen 1 other 6r and that was a yellow one at hooters

Cagleicious

heh yes i was. I hit up Hooters of Lawrenceville on tuesday and the Tilted on Thursdays.

Ive only seen 1 other 6r and that was a yellow one at hooters
well my friend, I was working down in Mobile tonight, but I shall see you Thursday at the Kilt.. I'm on a black 6r, depending on what I've been doing that day I may or may not have saddlebags on the back.
I'm normally in a black Full Throttle Saloon hoodie, and the easiest way to spot me is the blue in my hair.

On another note, ordered me an LED kit and hopefully it gets in tomorrow so I can make it look all purdy :cheer:

Sparkxx1

I think I want an LED light kit, but only for night time riding. Would be alot easier to be seen. Especially on a black bike with black gear. Can't miss a floating set of lights yo unless you're blind.

AngryAnt

They look cool, but at least in MS, anything other than standard white / orange running lights is illegal, and you WILL get pulled over. Don't really feel like putting that kind of money and time into it just to show off while its parked :(

Sage

They look cool, but at least in MS, anything other than standard white / orange running lights is illegal, and you WILL get pulled over. Don't really feel like putting that kind of money and time into it just to show off while its parked :(
Accent lighting is completely illegal in Illinois to run with no matter, what color. My only reasoning behind it was that it was just something to do when parked, and it helps in on the border of a state where it is legal, so cross the state line and BOOM! let it glow! lol

buckwild

Do these LED kits have to be wired into the battery or something?
You need to wire them into a 12v supply somewhere, perferably a fused supply. Its very easy to get to the fuse box and isolate a good supply line for small low amp draw accessories like LED lights, without going all the way to the battery terminal.

buckwild

The cops that I'v delt with in the north east where I live are pretty understanding of lighting on bikes. On cars its completely worthless, but for us it REALLY is a safty enhancement. I get merged into about half as much at night when I have them on then while Im dark. There are still the SpEcIal PeeOple that dont notice THE BALL OF GLOWING BLUE LIGHT SHINING IN THE NEXT LANE and lol-wtf-is-a-turn-signal merge over, but it really does help.

I have a 60 piece led kit from Joe Florida, easy install.

I've been trying to install the 60 piece from Joes tonight and it doesn't seem to make any sense to me... Are you sure you ordered the 60 piece? The kit only allows me to cut the 2 strips into 4 total strips. To me, it looks like you have 8 strips total.

I just ordered an additional 4 strips from Joes tonight.

How were you able to complete your install with this kit?