LED Headlights

phantomxc

LED Headlights (mock ups)

Well first I was driving to the bank today and saw what looked to be an 600RR and it had a mod to make it look like the Audi head lights. It was so beautiful I have no idea why I didn't think of that! :)

So I started doing some looking and I found it here!

Audi Style LED Mod - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net (sorry for the evil link but it's necessary)

Some pretty sweet photos and a few on the previous page. A couple minutes in I realized I have one head light...

I think the modding skills are going to have to come out...:thumbup:

Updates----------------------

I received my LEDs today and I can't decide where I want to put them. I created some mock ups and want your opinions!

Position 1

Position 2

Position 3

The first one would be the easiest to do. The second would be the hardest but I'm leaning towards this one. Not sure if it's possible though. Third is just another option

Let me know what you all think!

Also, if I'm going to be going to the flush mount kit it's my understanding this will leave the day time running wire available. If I want to also wire them to go with the blinkers, someone mentioned I might need a relay? could someone draw me up a diagram of what should or could be done?

O

Ozfazer6

Funny this thread popped up because I was going to do that on my FZ6. Because I turned my running lights into indicators I had no front running lights and was worried about being pulled over.But I decided not to pull the headlights apart and ended up putting the LED strips in the side flutes of the fairing.

MNDZA

Cool....I wanna do that too!

phantomxc

I'm devising a plan to build this into the "air inlets" as we speak. Just don't go all cyclops on me if you do it.

O

Ozfazer6

Here are some pics,only had my phone so quality not great and they don't show up that good in the daylight.Will take some more in the dark.

Attachments

O

Ozfazer6

Here is a night shot.Camera batteries where flat so had to use phone so not that great but gives you an idea.

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Cool....I wanna do that too!
That's a really awesome idea, but I'm not sure how it would look for us guys with uni-lights. :don'tknow:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
(Thread jack)

^^^^
Laz, that is an awesome picture in your signature!

phantomxc

I'm going to have to agree, pretty sweet photo. Hopefully this summer I'm going to get some good photos once the mountain roads open all the way up :) gotta love mountains

L

lazamus69

Thanks..I got a couple good ones on that ride...Im on my way up Mt Baker in Washington state in these shots.

As for the led's, Ive already had my headlight open to put in the R6 projectors, so I know how easy it is to do this mod...:thumbup:

phantomxc

Well I just ordered 2 feet of LED Strip lights. Could take up to a week to get :(

However, I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help with the electrical wiring of the strips. I just need some guidance on the "proper" way. I think ideally I would want to just splice into the front turn signals. I want them running when the bike does and I would also like them to blink with the front signals. Then in my mind, I could safely get the side flush turn signals and not worry about people in front of me not seeing them flash.

Hopefully lots of good pictures to come.

O

Ozfazer6

You will need a relay to get them to work as running lights AND signals.The strips will only come with two wires I reckon so you will need to add a third via a relay.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the idea of LEDs in the headlights. However, us FZ6R people only have one light to work with. So I have been playing with paint to come up with some ideas. Below is just one idea, and I would love to see or hear some suggestions from you guys.

I apologize, but the yellow doesn't show very well in the thumbnail picture.