Learn from my mistakes

davet7469

The other day i dropped my bike on a chair. the brake lever got caught and broke, but nothing else was damaged. so i ordered new levers [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010A1ZUXA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00"]Amazon.com: E-accexpert A Pair CNC Brake Clutch Levers Replacement for Yamaha MT-07/MT-09/SR/FZ9 2015、FZ6 2004-2015、FZ6R 2009-2015、FZ8 2011-2015 (Blue): Automotive[/ame]
then i installed them myself, i've done it about 4 times already with no problems. This time though the brake lever was fairly firm and was hard to push to get it to where i was going to hop on it. i was like maybe the tires are low, the front one ended up being so, so i pumped it up while i waited for the bike to warm up. i got on the road and about 4 blocks done the front brake locked up without me touching it and down i went. i brought it to the shop and it was either A the levers were cheap(but i bought the same levers before and i had no issues) B i installed them wrong (not sure how) or C when the brake lever broke before i installed the new one, it did something ( but i rode it with the broke brake .. i know bad idea, but i just had to make sure the brake didnt wander away) so basically if i were to do it differently, i would notice that it was hard to push and take it to the shop so it could be installed correctly and buy better quality levers, which is what im doing all now. Hope you guys dont run into the same issue.

lizardsbba

The problem with the really cheap levers is that tolerances can be quite off. The brake lever may be engaging the master cylinder just enough that it is not allowing the pressure to bleed off, so every time you pump the brakes the pressure builds until it locks. You may want to try removing the lever and see if it frees up the caliper.