Late night thinking in the lab....

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So, I'm sitting here rocking out with Pandora radio...

Adam Lambert came on and I was thinking how he reminds me of a modern/punk Prince. :cool:

Thoughts???

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! He can sing! But there is just soooo much drama wrapped up in the performances that they can become unbearable at times.

With that said, I found his music video for "If I Had You" to be quite interesting to watch.

Spunky99

I am not interested in seeing full lip lock tongue kissing on stage during a concert. It doesn't matter what gender the people are doing the over the top stage kiss. It just doesn't belong.

Adam pushed it over the edge when he did a hot and heavy kissing scene on stage.

Elton John although flamboyant never pushed his sexuality on stage.
Even Liberache had class on stage.
Everyone knew these Men were gay but didn't care. Talent sells the tickets not freak shows.

Adam needs to curb his appetite for destruction and stop pushing the same old agenda. Everyone knows he's gay so he can stop pushing it so hard. He has the talent to go further than any gay singer can go. He should bank on his amazing talents and ride that to the top.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I am not interested in seeing full lip lock tongue kissing on stage during a concert. It doesn't matter what gender the people are doing the over the top stage kiss. It just doesn't belong.

Adam pushed it over the edge when he did a hot and heavy kissing scene on stage.

Elton John although flamboyant never pushed his sexuality on stage.
Even Liberache had class on stage.
Everyone knew these Men were gay but didn't care. Talent sells the tickets not freak shows.

Adam needs to curb his appetite for destruction and stop pushing the same old agenda. Everyone knows he's gay so he can stop pushing it so hard. He has the talent to go further than any gay singer can go. He should bank on his amazing talents and ride that to the top.
I'm going to have to disagree here a bit. Sex sells, no matter what gender is involved. Plus, there have been many female-female kisses on stage.

Additionally, I don't go to concerts to listen to the music, I can do that with my mp3 player. People go to concerts to see a performance. Now, not everyone may agree with Adam's stage performances, but he's selling tickets, and I guess that's the bottom line for a performer. In fact, some acts get better sales for being freak shows. How do you think acts like Marylin Manson, Orgy, and the like filled their seats? Definitely by pushing the boundaries of what would be considered the comfortable norm.

I'm not looking for an argument, I just feel that his flamboyancy is who Adam is, at his core. I think he really repressed it during the American Idol run, at least until some of his final performances, then he started to let a little more slip out each time. It may seem over the top to you, but I don't think it's an act. He's performed that way since he was a kid.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I think we all know how you go about creating mutants now... ever try it when listening to something like Slayer? :rof:
No, but I will keep that in mind when I create my genetic abomination to take over the world! :rof:

Spunky99

I'm going to have to disagree here a bit. Sex sells, no matter what gender is involved. Plus, there have been many female-female kisses on stage.

Additionally, I don't go to concerts to listen to the music, I can do that with my mp3 player. People go to concerts to see a performance. Now, not everyone may agree with Adam's stage performances, but he's selling tickets, and I guess that's the bottom line for a performer. In fact, some acts get better sales for being freak shows. How do you think acts like Marylin Manson, Orgy, and the like filled their seats? Definitely by pushing the boundaries of what would be considered the comfortable norm.

I'm not looking for an argument, I just feel that his flamboyancy is who Adam is, at his core. I think he really repressed it during the American Idol run, at least until some of his final performances, then he started to let a little more slip out each time. It may seem over the top to you, but I don't think it's an act. He's performed that way since he was a kid.
I'm glad you took the other side of the argument. Good job...

2w05thletes

It didn't help that he's a San Diego boy and when he was on Idol he claimed he was from LA because it sounded better. Being from LA is more in style I guess than being from San Diego.
LMBO!! OF COURSE he said LA!! Who wants to be from a whale's vagina!?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

Spunky99

I don't understand the joke....

Sandy Eggo.....what whale?

arkkornkid

um.... Prince he is not. Prince can play any musical instrument you put in front of him and has written/produced/directed all of his music from the very beginning, he's not just a heavily produced POP star. And has given away more songs than Lambert can probably remember the lyrics to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Adam, he can sing.... but he's not a true artist like Prince. So for me, there's NO comparing these two.

If anything he's Boy George without Culture Club.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand the joke....

Sandy Eggo.....what whale?
In the movie Anchorman, Will Ferrel says that San Diego is German (I believe) for whale vagina. :rof:

um.... Prince he is not. Prince can play any musical instrument you put in front of him and has written/produced/directed all of his music from the very beginning, he's not just a heavily produced POP star. And has given away more songs than Lambert can probably remember the lyrics to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Adam, he can sing.... but he's not a true artist like Prince. So for me, there's NO comparing these two.

If anything he's Boy George without Culture Club.
Ahh...I can see that!

Spunky99

In the movie Anchorman, Will Ferrel says that San Diego is German (I believe) for whale vagina. :rof:

Ahh...I can see that!
I believe it is actually wal scheide

2w05thletes

creggur

Love that movie! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H38LiqJdzvI]YouTube - Ron Burgundy - San Diego[/ame]