Laminar Lip for Windscreens

Roaddawg

So I came across this Australian website today via another motorcycle forum: Laminar Lips

Do any of you crazies that have made your own custom windscreens think this may work? It seems like it could be pretty easy to fab up one. Has anyone ever tried this particular product?

I still haven't seen any of the larger screens that really catch my eye, so I've been trying to think of other options. I want function, but I also want a little fashion too. I wish the double bubble was about 6-8 inches taller and a few inches wider, because I like the look of it, but would like a bit more wind protection.

I'm kinda digging the Aprilia one...second pic below. Visualizing our stock screen with a similar piece on top. Ideas???

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I have heard many good reviews about this lip. It is pretty popular in the touring crowd. Never seen one in person though.

MikeN02

I think they look ugly imo.

When we bought my sister's 250R from a guy in Daytona he threw in the Laminar Lip and said they put it on at the dealership but he took it off right away. Thing has been collecting dust in my garage since we bought the bike.

owldaddy

I have one on the touring screen for my BMW. It works well. The BMW touring screen has lots of turbulence and is noisy, the Lip cuts it down about 75% Well worth the money IMHO. I wonder if the Lip they show on their web site will work with the DB screen?

Roaddawg

I have one on the touring screen for my BMW. It works well. The BMW touring screen has lots of turbulence and is noisy, the Lip cuts it down about 75% Well worth the money IMHO. I wonder if the Lip they show on their web site will work with the DB screen?
I don't think it will work with the DB. The DB is quite a bit more curved then the stock one. You'd have to heat it up and bend it.

stevet

Good one Roaddawg. Thanks for finding that one for us. The cee baileys also comes with such a lip. You may even want to look at my post on cutting their screen down to take care of the buffeting while retaining the wind blocking. I am quite happy with the mod.