Kaoko Throttle Control(Cruise Control) Group buy.....Anyone?

Heineken

Elite Member
I've looked into cruise control and would love to have it since I do ride long distances at times, but this just seems over-priced. Depends on the adjusted price for a group purchase.

Call me a cheapskate. I'd bite at maybe $25, but I guess that's not going to happen.

So wait. do I get this right. It replaces the bar end/weight on the handlebar and you Tighten it to "set" it/keep the throttle in a given position and then loosen when you want to move freely? In the "off" position wouldnt vibration wiggle it out? not being tight.

If thats the case I will make my own plastic washer/insert for my current bar end. Nice but way more that my wallet would spend.

I like the idea though.

EDIT...no for that price its gotta be a little better/ more sophisticated than that? anyone have one??

Last edited:
I would rather buy a set of Throttlemeisters. They are much nicer and look easier to use than this. The FZ6 setup will work with our bikes. I checked into them awhile ago. Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy for these?

Throttlemeister - Home

I think I'm just going to transfer my Crampbuster from my scoot over to the bike and see how it is. These other devices seem nice and all, but I think my Crampbuster was only $15 or something!

Last edited:
Uh Er Yeah...sometimes I have a little bit of a death grip...Damn I try not to but my hand says sure brain...think what you want.

I truly things thats more my problem than anything.

Just keep in mind, the crampbusters are just for those that have death grips and need to wiggle there fingers. I find I can hold the throttle just with the leather of my gloves for that.
The "Cruise Controls" are mechanical devices that hold the throttle so you can move your hand away from the throttle (shake it, adjust, etc.). They also have just enough grip that if you are in cruise mode and need to stop quick they won't hold it in place, you can still twist off the throttle. I say quoted, because they are mechanical and do not adjust the throttle for load, so they are not true cruise controls.

I agree. I like my Crampbuster since it makes riding so easy--I just rest my hand on the lever and I can just cruise. The other thing is, it's a $12 farkle--it's about as cheap as something can get, for a bike.

I agree. I like my Crampbuster since it makes riding so easy--I just rest my hand on the lever and I can just cruise. The other thing is, it's a $12 farkle--it's about as cheap as something can get, for a bike.

DING DING DING DING DING

Ladies and gentleman, we have our first use of the term "farkle" on the FZ6R forum*! Used correctly, in context, and without giggling, no less.

Somebody get pyrocpu a :iconbeer:

Duly proclaimed this second to last day of February, 2010, with dignity and free popcorn for all, etc.

*Fine print: Yeah, OK, search turns up two other hits, but they're carried over from the original FZ6 forum. And they were talking about a Suzuki.

:)
:)

Back