K&N Filter Review

cbzdel

My K&N filter review..

ZERO noticeable difference!

I installed it last night, and totally forgot about it today and rode to work.. I even open my bike up every morning on certain road.

I got to work and someone asked me what I did yesterday and then I remembered installing the filter haha!!

The bike sounds the same and rides the same...

Something else I noticed is that stock filter has more filtering area than the K&N.. The K&N has a rubber glue-like substance sealing the filter material to the body of the filter and the stock filter does not have this. This substance reduces the filter material by 1/4"-1/2" all the way around the filter!!

End result.. I bought it for $50 and all its good for is making the mod list longer haha!

Anyone else have thoughts on this filter??

joloy133

It's about total airflow over the entire filter surface, and over time of replacement and service. At initial install, both filters could very well be essentially the same in terms of flow, but the stock filter would "clog" sooner with time. The thicker gasket material is because the K&N filter should last longer and be stronger? As for performance, you have to determine if you have the proper fuel/air mixture. If the FI system has any compensatory features to adjust to subtle differences, (altitude, octane, ?), then maybe the performance difference is not readily noticeable. Stock bikes run lean from the factory, and the K&N filter theoretically increases airflow, ask the Yamaha techs if any adjustment is necessary as lean conditions over time mean higher temps and maybe reduced life of internal engine parts.

cbzdel

I need to get the PC-V :D

I guess I am just used to throwing them in a car and noticing the difference, in performance and sound, I dont no difference in either..