just wondering

S

somedayrider

i like the fz6 and the fz6r but i was looking and i found something about the fz6r and it said the top speed is only 120 mph does it have enough power getty-up and go and keep up? and to be honest i want to learn about the fz6r more than the fz6 because i want it cause the more sporty look

S

somedayrider

lol to much of a crochrocket position and i still got 3 years till i get a permit! :( and i like a up right bike

V

VDITRAINING

3 years is a long time....wonder how many new models will tickle your fancy by the time you get your permit. :confused:

S

somedayrider

lol it feels like these 3 years is gonna take forever i agree but im kinda a kid you can tell i like looks of croch rockets ive sat on some and its a very lening over position thats why i like the fz6 and fz6r ther not much of one

M

MarinaFazer

The FZ6R should have more than enough get up and go if it's your first bike....It's 600cc LOL. It all depends on what you're looking for. Top speed doesn't really come in to play as much as looks (yes, you can get full fairing for the regular fz6) and then exhaust is different, smaller rear tire.

From the sounds of it, I haven't read a bad review from fz6r riders yet :)

S

somedayrider

do any of you know if you can whip it through the curves kinda like a sv 650? im a curve man

M

MarinaFazer

i had a SV650...you can whip it good...duh duna duh (music)...whip it real good.

You'll love running at 11-12K RPM through the canyons though with the FZ...she likes it hard and fast

R

rdoucet

Any sport bike no matter the size can whip through the curves; it's how you ride and your experience level that determines 90% of the bikes potential. Always wear your gear and start off with the basics; it takes years of practice to ride and mistakes can still happen. Take it slow and easy, get to know your bike, work on your starts and stops, practice swerving around cones in a parking lot - before you attempt to handle the twisties of the road!!

S

somedayrider

marinaFazer you just said fz are you just talking about the fz bikes in general or a specific one. my dads very protective WHEN i get to start street riding hes gonna take it easy and teach nice and slow

M

MarinaFazer

Well, I'm specifically talking about mine...2006 FZ6. It's light and easy to maneuver. Over all, in my opinion, the FZ6 is a better bike for all around. The SV has fun torque and is a great bike, but riding around for long distances on my SV was not as comfy as on the FZ. I liked the smoothness of 4 cylinders over the SV's 2 cylinders. As for handling, they are about the same. For me it came down to the engine; otherwise it was pretty even.

J

jhosler

yes to the OP. the FZ6R has plenty of get up and go. My brother keeps telling me that I don't have to get up to the speed limit right a way from a stop.

S

somedayrider

well ive been talking on the fz6 forums and there pulling me towards that bike lol

K

keira

Just a question:

When and where on earth do you plan to go 120mph?

Every 600cc bike out there is more than enough for a first bike, and has plenty of getup and go. If you're trying to "keep up" with people doing a buck 20 on a regular basis, I would seriously reconsider your own safety and priorities.

08fz6

Just a question:

When and where on earth do you plan to go 120mph?

Every 600cc bike out there is more than enough for a first bike, and has plenty of getup and go. If you're trying to "keep up" with people doing a buck 20 on a regular basis, I would seriously reconsider your own safety and priorities.
AGREEED!!!! theres only one person that does 120 on the streets all the time and thats either someone riding without a license or one behind bars! 120mph on a fz6 in a less than perfect road can be a very scary proposition, even for someone who loves speed as I do! I have a feeling this "youngster" has no clue what 120mph feels like......... to be honest best thing to start out on is a ninja 250!! especially if you have zero practice with a clutch!!

U

urbanj

AGREEED!!!! theres only one person that does 120 on the streets all the time and thats either someone riding without a license or one behind bars! 120mph on a fz6 in a less than perfect road can be a very scary proposition, even for someone who loves speed as I do! I have a feeling this "youngster" has no clue what 120mph feels like......... to be honest best thing to start out on is a ninja 250!! especially if you have zero practice with a clutch!!
or unfortunately dead.

i agree 100% as well.

S

somedayrider

i know what a 120mph feels like i know what 137mph feels like dude lol. besides that i agree whith you i wouldnt personaly do that(again) unless i was on that sand place were you got like a quarter mil;e of sand to drag ....

G

Gosling1

How well a bike does depends on how well the rider rides it. I have three bikes and all three have been on the track.

FZ6 - just cause I can track it every now and then, but still a daily rider.

GSXR600 - if I wreck it, I still have one to ride. And I can beat on it and not worry too much.

I can just about duplicate my track times on both of these. All back to the rider.

Ninja 250 - I can keep up with riders in the corners but the straights they leave me. But, before you know it I'm back behind them before a corner and passing them in the corner. One heckuva little bike to flog on track days.
I chased a Ninja 250 on my GSXR600 one session. We were neck and neck for the whole session.

Just cause it can do 120+ doesn't mean you will see that speed whenever you ride. Heck, a monkey can go fast in a staight line.

Short story; met up with some local riders (younguns all full of p1ss and vinegar). All of them talking smack. I invited them to a track day. They showed up. I went to the classes with them. In the pits talking smack again. Out comes the 250. After three laps, the little 250 passed their 600s and liter bikes. All back to the rider.

Even Rossi started out small.

Spend the time learning the mechanics of riding safer. Be smooth, fast comes later.

S

somedayrider

trust me im looking at this thread and the ninja one every day now im looking at the ninja as a nice starter bike especialy since its a light bike 2.5 more years......:( :confused: