Just went on my first ride...!!

rahuljp

Oh man... Its been a month since I bought the bike, and now a little more than a week since its been delivered. I finished my MSF course, but I hadnt gotten my endorsement yet. So finally, today I went and registered the bike and got my endorsement done and immediately went on a quick ride around town. THIS BIKE IS AWESOME! :wav:

Put 5 miles on it (had to head back home for work!). I've been reading the break-in thread on how to go about it. I definitely havent been babying it though. I'm glad that it finally stopped raining for a little bit, so that I could go for a ride.

Can't wait to put a loooooot more miles on it!:):steve:

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh man... Its been a month since I bought the bike, and now a little more than a week since its been delivered. I finished my MSF course, but I hadnt gotten my endorsement yet. So finally, today I went and registered the bike and got my endorsement done and immediately went on a quick ride around town. THIS BIKE IS AWESOME! :wav:

Put 5 miles on it (had to head back home for work!). I've been reading the break-in thread on how to go about it. I definitely havent been babying it though. I'm glad that it finally stopped raining for a little bit, so that I could go for a ride.

Can't wait to put a loooooot more miles on it!:):steve:
Congrats! Stay safe!

iSpoolin

Congrats man! The first stroll out on two wheels is always amazing!

rahuljp

Soon as I got home... my wife was there... and she saw the HUGE ear to ear grin!!

Next on the agenda... installing the t-rex frame sliders... then save some money and mod slowly!

kevin8198

Elite Member

stuna

HUM I CANT REMEMBER MY FIRST RIDE , THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO :rolleyes:
it like going to this pizza joint . how was it , great . we have been coming here , longer than you are old :eek: remember 8tracks :confused:

rahuljp

I've been riding in India since about 2002, so I guess its not my absolute first ride.... just the first ride on the FZ6R.... Still awesome though... I wonder if i'll remember May 20th 2011 in a few years....

Also... I did want to get some riding done before the world ends tomorrow :p

Sparkxx1

Today will be my first ride in the rain. Took the bike to school to cut my commute time from 90 minutes by bus, to 20 minutes by bike. Congrats on your fz6r. My road test appointment is in 2 weeks. =D be safe!

iSpoolin

Just got mine last Friday, put 200 miles on it so far. Took my girl for a ride last night. Had a perma-grin for the last week:D. These bikes are sooo awesome!! Getting a Targa FE next monday, White walled my wheels (that was a pain!) and put a carbon fiber look gas cap cover on. Not too many mods yet but enough to make it mine! Happy riding to you! I know I am. Be gentle with her till 1000 miles. Cheers :iconbeer:
Pics of white walled wheels?

rahuljp

Spraxx... didnt you have to take the MSF course? Isn't it mandatory in NY? Also... are you in the city or in LI? Have fun with the commute!!

Sparkxx1

Spraxx... didnt you have to take the MSF course? Isn't it mandatory in NY? Also... are you in the city or in LI? Have fun with the commute!!
-I did not take the MSF course, but of course, if you can you should!
-No it is not mandatory in NYC, but it is a heck of a lot easier to get your license with it. I just don't feel like forking over 350$ right now. I'll do it later when I can spare them. I've watched tons of MSF course videos but real life instruction is best.
- My bike is registered in LI for the lower insurance rates, but I live in Queens/commute to manhattan.

I don't have my license yet and I agree 100% that I should not be riding around. But bare necessity has be commuting to school for study groups, I can't afford to sit my ass on the bus for 3 hrs when I'm studying 12-15 hrs a day for finals. 3 on monday 1 on tuesday all math, science, or engineering classes. Sigh...