Just thought I'd say I am finally home. LOl

C

clockworkjon

And how much is that? I pay 12500 NOK = 1900 USD a year...:(
Holy crap! I pay $185/year for my FZ6. I even asked what would happen to my rates if I totalled at the track and they said the max is $209/year. I love having a "standard" motorcycle!

Ooter

WOW I'm jealous. I pay $1089 a year for my FZ6R! I called around and got multiple quotes, and that was the best I could do.

I have one speeding ticket in the last 6 years, BUT I live in a major city, and Massachusetts has ridiculous insurance laws.

The damn bike costs almost as much as my car to insure!

C

Chris

Holy crap! I pay $185/year for my FZ6. I even asked what would happen to my rates if I totalled at the track and they said the max is $209/year. I love having a "standard" motorcycle!
What can I say. Norway is a ridiculously expensive country. Insurance does get cheaper after you turn 25 though. They just screw us young people..:rolleyes:

F

FZ1inNH

we moved up from Florida and love it although winter without riding sux but I guess you are used to it. Have you been to the dragon before?
Well, at least the winter is very short there! :D We've never been to the Dragon. We're meeting up with my SV buddy who rides that area all the time so he'll be our tour guide. He's given us a lot of tips on riding the Dragon so we're ready for most anything at this point.

Ride safe! :D

V

vdbergj1

Welcome! Nice bike! :rockon: FZ6R not released in south Africa yet but I can't wait. I like the white as well but I have to get rid of those fairy stripes if I decide on the white one. Plan to take them of and replace with a FZ-BIG6-Z design or something.

fz6rwolf

Very nice bike, welcome!!!!

D

davidsa1

Naw I started with an 08 Ninja 250 (loved that bike) then one night I am like honey, let me try out your bike (gsxr600) and I was hooked but not to the leaned over part, then I saw this bike at the IMS show and was like Hello!

Fender elim is an redneck original (my old license plate bent and bolted underneath to exsisting holes).
HaHa! You might be a redneck if-

Welcome to the sight. There are alot of great people here.:thumbup:

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Here I have state farm and they go by cc (go figure) so I pay what I would for any 600. Sucks!!!
not if you tell them its a 599cc like "someone i know" did, puts you in a whole new class :thumbup:

O

oogie

Welcome to FZ country,really like the new R's, good lookin' bike. What part of Tenn. you guys in? I live in North Ga., ride in the mountains a lot. Several forum members in the area have been trying to get together a group ride on a weekend soon.

MNDZA

jdesiano1

Chris my insurance is around 700 a year but that is with complete coverage so not so bad. I couldn't tell them any cc, they asked the type of bike and it was already classified as 600.

Oogie we live just north of Knoxville and go to the mountains whenever we get a chance. We are about 20 min to Gatlinburg. We are up for a ride whenever.

her24gl

Hey Clockwerk, with whom are you insured? I called around for days and finally, with the help of my salesman, found State Farm to insure me at something quazi-reasonable. That's with full covereage, 100/300 limits, and $1000 deductible (always remember to state terms... otherwise it's apples to oranges) and got the policy for $301. Had quotes from some of the bigger companies, geico, progressive, etc. for over $1000 per year. I have full coverage on my GL1800 goldwing thru ANPAC and only pay $343 per year. Much more powerful, much more expensive. ANPAC doesn't insure sport bikes though, so I had to look elsewhere. One note.... State Farm doesn't have the FZ6R in their database, so the headquarters guy put a note in the file and used one of the listings for the FZ6 that would accept my VIN number. He thinks it might be a typo, but it's noted in my file. Go figure.

P

PAJeep

One note.... State Farm doesn't have the FZ6R in their database, so the headquarters guy put a note in the file and used one of the listings for the FZ6 that would accept my VIN number. He thinks it might be a typo, but it's noted in my file. Go figure.
State Farm found the FZ6R in the database for me and paying 220/yr full coverage. I'm in an area that is not friendly to all year riding though.