Just brought home a new FZR

WANDERER

There is a $750 Yamaha factory rebate going on now....does that price include it?
yes, that's what the salesman said. you know these guys just throw their numbers at you & I don't even how or where they came from. The funny thing is they will freely adjust all these amounts and give it to you....sigh~!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

CtrlAltDl

So how many miles on her now? Thoughts? Just give us a shout if you need anything and again welcome to the Fam! :welcome::rockon: and remember :rtfm:
Thanks!

I'm at 707 on the clock now. Just did my first PM last weekend at 572 miles. Oil change and throttle body adjustments. Thanks to FastProf's post it was pretty easy.

I couldn't get the oil filter off, so I'm going to change the oil again soon when I get a oil filter wrench for it. I'm running Rotella-T dino oil until I'm done with the break-in then I'll switch to synthetic.

I did notice the shifting is already smoother with the first oil change.

I get a lot of compliments on it and I love the look of it, but I am a little disappointed with the power. I haven't rev'd it too much since I'm in the break-in period still, but when I have been above 7K I keep expecting more power since it is decent in the low and mid range for a sub-liter bike.

I've always liked the FZ-6, so when the R came out I really loved it, but unfortunately I didn't realize is was detuned so much from the FZ6 when I bought it.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited: