Just bought my FZ6R

Ooter

I did it!

Went to the dealer today and decided on a blue FZ6R. I was very torn between this bike and the new 650R, but after sitting on both I found the Yamaha to be considerably more comfortable to me (5'11" 200lbs).

The bike looked and felt great, and I can't wait to get out and ride!

I'll be sure to post some pics when I pick it up this weekend :)

Edit: that title should read "Just bought MY FZ6r" :)

S

shamrocker

Awesome, man! Congratulations, I'm sure you'll love it. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Johnfz6r

welcome to the fz6r club!!!!! You will love it everytime I get off of mine from a ride I love it more and more.

C

CanadianFZ6

Can I ask why the FZ6R over the FZ6? Especially for your size, I would have expected you to prefer the more powerful FZ6...

fz6rwolf

I felt the FZ6R was more comfy than the ninja650r also, hence that's what I got, in blue:thumbup:

mbridge51

Congrats! I was also looking at the Ninja 650r and went with the FZ6R. The Yamaha seemed to have a better fit and finish.

J

jhosler

Congrats on the purchase. I also just bought an FZ6R last week. I looked at the Ninja 650R, but since my brother has one, I decided on the Yamaha. (we are twins, but we don't have to every thing the same)

G

Ghost Weim

Congrats on your purchase and also on your excellent color choice! ;)

Looking forward to your posts!

Ooter

Can I ask why the FZ6R over the FZ6? Especially for your size, I would have expected you to prefer the more powerful FZ6...
Actually I've always wanted the FZ6, and was fully planning on getting an FZ6 this year. The dealer in my area hadn't had any in stock for a while, and told me that they weren't planning on ordering anymore.

My last bike was a Ninja 250 (old style, from 2004) and I loved it. Rode it for two years and thought it was plenty of bike for me. So basically because I thought the 250 was enough for me, I feel the FZ6r will keep me satisfied for a while.

As soon as I sat on the FZ6R, it just fit me like a glove I felt. The decision was easy at that point :)

Wolfman

Congrats on your purchase...looks like there are quite a few FZ6R's starting to be bought in America...Great to have you new FZ owners on the forum.

:thumbup:

fuzzylogic

grats on the new ride! there certainly seems to be more than a few being bought. hopefully this will drive some sort of aftermarket into existence for us!

C

chuckfz6ryder

:welcome:
Congratulations on the new bike, and welcome to the group. I'll be watching for you.

Chuck

O-turn

Partier
I second that. Itching to mod mine!

Welcome and nice color choice!

Ooter

Ugh - just found out that due to some paperwork mixup, I can't pick the bike up tomorrow. I have to wait until Monday!! :(

Oh well - sunday its supposed to rain all day so I guess I only miss a day of riding.

T

Tremulant

I felt the FZ6R was more comfy than the ninja650r also, hence that's what I got, in blue:thumbup:
You definitely made the right choice! Ninja's are a joke...Congrats on the purchase! Best decision of your life :D

D

dankatz

Welcome! If you see a blue FZ6 with a large Givi trunk that maybe me. :cool:
We'll see you around.

Z

Zanch

I bought my FZ6 on the 24th too! I got a 2004 though. Had a bit of rash, but included new fairings, had only 8600 miles and a full set of fresh XL riding gear http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/14122-full-xl-riding-suit-gloves.html all for $1100. Only negatives are I'll have to pay a couple years of back registration, possibly buy a new battery and put the fairings on. I finally have some time so I'm doing the oil etc. tomorrow so I can be assured it will run for a long time.

It's also got the scorpion exhaust too if someone wants to trade me for a stock exhaust plus CA$H. I'm not sure if it's the steel, aluminum or titanium one. It's got heat coloring though. I'm not sure if that's purposeful or not but it still looks cool.

O-turn

Partier
Ugh - just found out that due to some paperwork mixup, I can't pick the bike up tomorrow. I have to wait until Monday!! :(

Oh well - sunday its supposed to rain all day so I guess I only miss a day of riding.
Are you a proud owner now?