Joe's Ghetto Fender Eliminator Mod

bobby bo bonsin

Cool

I did something very similar to what you did but I used a section of the rear fender where the lisence plate light wires and such ran through. Also used the factory turn signals but took the extension off of them and cut and resoldered the wires.

[/QUOTE.
That looks good man! Factory turn signals look good like that.

darksidefz6r

I did something very similar to what you did but I used a section of the rear fender where the lisence plate light wires and such ran through. Also used the factory turn signals but took the extension off of them and cut and resoldered the wires.

[/QUOTE.
That looks good man! Factory turn signals look good like that.
Thanks, I think they look a lot better this way than factory.

CtrlAltDl

Hell yea, it looks a lot better. Nice job, and welcome to the ghetto FE family. ;-)

darksidefz6r

Thanks. I like the way it turned out.

93cc

Im going to try this mod but without a welder... going to use rivets!

I have it planned out and so far have just cut the rear fender frame (simular to what you did) and mocked up how to attach the liecense plate and turn signals.

But after seeing what darksidefz6r did, I'd like to see how he connected the stock lights

Last edited:

darksidefz6r

Im going to try this mod but without a welder... going to use rivets!

I have it planned out and so far have just cut the rear fender frame (simular to what you did) and mocked up how to attach the liecense plate and turn signals.

But after seeing what darksidefz6r did, I'd like to see how he connected the stock lights
I removed the "spacers" from the signals and used the factory philips screw and drilled a hole in the side of the bracket, used the screw to attach the signal to the fender eliminator and just cut the harnesses down and soldered them back together.

93cc

I removed the "spacers" from the signals and used the factory philips screw and drilled a hole in the side of the bracket, used the screw to attach the signal to the fender eliminator and just cut the harnesses down and soldered them back together.
How did you remove the spacers? it didnt seem like they would just pull off

darksidefz6r

How did you remove the spacers? it didnt seem like they would just pull off
Once you remove the signal from the bike you will see a Phillips screw on the inside. Remove that screw, this is what holds it on. Very simple.

93cc

Thanks I figured it out after about 5 min of trying to remove it.... and then I finally saw the nut that had to be removed :cool: