Is this anyone here

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

bmw675

the worst place this happens, many people on here can attest to, is on a college campus. I will admit, when I was in school, I took part in crossing 'wherever-whenever'. Looking back, you wonder how more people are not hit. Literally come up to a road, through landscaping, and keep going as if a road isn't even there. You see it all the time.

personally, i wish there were more serious consequences against pedestrians who cross the street irresponsibly cuz it can be the direct cause of some very serious accidents. but, being that "public policy" and "public safety" trumps everything, this is prolly never going to happen in this country... we have to take the bad with the good.

Fzara2000

Agreed. But dont know if I would have said "most popular" ;). Most common maybe?
Sorry, just had to comment.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.
lol you're killing me, i had a 12 hour day at work and was typing on my iphone. Haha :spank:

dcBear78

Saw this video on an Aussie bike forum. Was looking at the bike wondering what type it was then had a facepalm moment.

Now I see it again from this perspective, so glad I got my Ninja mirrors on now. So much better looking.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

porange

Yes, yes that was me... I have a couple of things to say about it: those people were completely jaywalking across a horrible part of roadway, and Ohio law states that pedestrians yield the right of way to vehicles unless they are in crosswalks or crossing from corner to corner at an intersection, which they were not.

OTOH hindsight is 20/20 and accelerating blindly past that truck was admittedly some questionable behavior. I simply did not expect anything to be there, as I commonly traverse that area and have never had a problem.

Moral of the story to all riders: expect the unexpected and don't get complacent.

/I have also been working on my front brake technique. I think I got a little too comfortable with the rear; I should never have skidded like that

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Welcome! You actually did those old folks a favor,now they have something exciting to talk about for weeks.:D Ride saf e r :eek:

Hoptownky

personally, i wish there were more serious consequences against pedestrians who cross the street irresponsibly cuz it can be the direct cause of some very serious accidents. but, being that "public policy" and "public safety" trumps everything, this is prolly never going to happen in this country... we have to take the bad with the good.

that said, "no accident" is always the desired outcome- regardless of who's at fault.

at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it wasn't your fault or if it was by accident. none of us ever wants to be in the position of hitting a pedestrian. not ever! not to mention all the ambulance chasing lawyers circling like sharks sniffing the first drops of blood in water waiting to exploit the situation to your detriment.
I'm an accident and injury lawyer, and I always thought of myself as someone who specializes in helping victims of other people's recklessness recover what they lost.

No offense taken however; I understand.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member