Is it always going to be this addicting?

JSP

Super Moderator
:cool:

Having the bike for a few days now, it seems all I can think about is riding :D

At work, the day goes SO slow now because all I want to do is ride. Im constantly checking the clock until its time to get off. At home its the same thing. But I need to spend time with my little girl and wife. But its always on my mind when I can ride next! Very addicting. Love it :rockon:

Verranth

I've been riding since Julne 29th. My experience is the same as yours. Will it always be this way?...At some point, I'm guessing that it will curve into something less. How far down is really the question, and I would venture a guess to say that its really up to you. Some respark the flame with a bigger bike, and some join groups.

I'm sure the ...more experienced riders on this Forum will be able to shed some light.

For now, I'm all about finding more asphalt. =)

By the way, what gear do you ride with? You do have gear, right?

xplodnstar

So far as I can tell, it will always be addicting. My friend that has been riding for 30+ years keeps asking when we're doing another ride. Even right after we've just finished one. :D

Family first, though. And ATTGATT! Your girls will thank you.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
To some extent, I don't think it ever goes away. I have been riding since February, and I still can't wait for the workday to end so I can ride, even if it is just to get home.

What's worse, on days that I can't ride, I go into the garage just to look at the bike. :eek:

Verranth

So far as I can tell, it will always be addicting. My friend that has been riding for 30+ years keeps asking when we're doing another ride. Even right after we've just finished one. :D

Family first, though. And ATTGATT! Your girls will thank you.
Its nice to know that people still have that fire they did when they got on their first ride.

Also, I've got almost all the gear. All I need now is the pants. I'm considering buying strap on knee protectors and upgrading that foam thing on my back to a CE approved back protector.

xplodnstar

Its nice to know that people still have that fire they did when they got on their first ride.

Also, I've got almost all the gear. All I need now is the pants. I'm considering buying strap on knee protectors and upgrading that foam thing on my back to a CE approved back protector.
Knee protectors are okay. I do that from time to time. But I'm worried that I don't have the abrasion resistance if something happens. Have you checked out any jeans? Find something with kneepad pockets so you can remove them if you need to just walk around. Cortech has a good set. There are a few brands on close-out here and there. I'm sure you can find something that would be comfortable.

fz6rwolf

Been riding off and on since around 1978 and there's days could care less but I seem to need at least one day to go out for at least 100 miles. Winter sucks but even up here there's usually at least 1 day each month with no ice and temp in 40's and I go out for at least a short ride.

JSP

Super Moderator
Yup, +1 on gear.

I have a Nitro jacket that I admittedly skim on at times in this heat. I know you can wipe off sweat but not road rash... Its a cold weather 3/4 full armor jacket. It does have a removable liner, but its just way hot. I need to get a nice mesh jacket or something.

I do always ride with jeans, stiff ankle boots, gloves, helmet.

llervero

I've been riding for almost 20 yrs and It would never go away. I ride everyday including winter (my friends think I'm crazy). Unless there is a really good storm comming. If I go 2 days without riding I start itching.

shreveport1

It never goes away for some of us......there are people though who don't understand how different the world is when you get on two wheels and just let thier bikes rot in a garage,or in some cases just out in the yard...which is good for people like us!! because we can pick em up cheap,and breath life back into them,and ride the wheels off them!!:D I got my first bike that was (all mine) 24years ago,and I still get anxious to go riding and enjoy it as much as the first time!!! :D I keep hopeing one day I will find another 1971 Yamaha 175 Tourqe Induction so I can have my first bike again!! :D

Last edited:

cbzdel

I've been riding for almost 20 yrs and It would never go away. I ride everyday including winter (my friends think I'm crazy). Unless there is a really good storm comming. If I go 2 days without riding I start itching.
You ride year round in flordia? thats cheating it like 80 there in the winter haha!!

I ride year round in WA, I havent owned a car in over a year!! Here in the winter its in the 30s and raining non stop haha!

xplodnstar

You ride year round in flordia? thats cheating it like 80 there in the winter haha!!

I ride year round in WA, I havent owned a car in over a year!! Here in the winter its in the 30s and raining non stop haha!
It's not cheating. It's more like a handicap in golf.

(This from the Californian that gets all of 10 days where it's too rainy to ride) :p

Senaca

Both of you, shush... There's 5 months of snow/ice/salt up here that put the whole bike in the garage :(

These 5 months, however, build up your urge to ride so badly that by spring, you are ready to ride as much as possible all summer long and not lose the fire.

What's even more painful is selling your bike, and constantly wanting to get another one. That happened between my FZ6 and FZ6R... it was brutal.

Needless to say, I don't see the burning desire to ride extinguishing any time soon!.... hmm... 1 hour 42 mins until next ride.. :rolleyes:

Senaca :D

When I first got my bike, I would ride it everywhere! I would go pick up ice cream with it, fast food and hookers! I honestly don't know what I will do once I deploy again!

fz6rwolf

It never goes away for some of us......there are people though who don't understand how different the world is when you get on two wheels and just let thier bikes rot in a garage,or in some cases just out in the yard...which is good for people like us!! because we can pick em up cheap,and breath life back into them,and ride the wheels off them!!:D I got my first bike that was (all mine) 24years ago,and I still get anxious to go riding and enjoy it as much as the first time!!! :D I keep hopeing one day I will find another 1971 Yamaha 175 Tourqe Induction so I can have my first bike again!! :D
Yeah I wouldn't mind getting a dual purpose like my 1st street legal xr175. Thing could only make 70mph but was a blast in dirt (lots of torque, could climb hills like nothing else) and was fun for short rides on the road. Shortly after I got it we moved from Dallas/Ft Worth area to Austin and my mom followed me down I35. Not the best highway bike and dirt tires weren't great on pavement but used to love impressing the girls (I was 16) doing wheelies and riding it half the block. Haven't done wheelies since (except my attempts getting the front tire up 6-12" up on this bike) and would never on a street where anyone is ever again. Thinking about something like Triumph Tiger someday, not really for dirt anymore but they can do gravel and dirt roads ok. If they ever make a Tiger Cub like rumored for years would be great as a 2nd bike.

fz6rwolf

That wouldn't work up here in new england, too much ice and snow, too dangerous even for dual purpose bike with knobbies.

shreveport1

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting a dual purpose like my 1st street legal xr175. Thing could only make 70mph but was a blast in dirt (lots of torque, could climb hills like nothing else) and was fun for short rides on the road. Shortly after I got it we moved from Dallas/Ft Worth area to Austin and my mom followed me down I35. Not the best highway bike and dirt tires weren't great on pavement but used to love impressing the girls (I was 16) doing wheelies and riding it half the block. Haven't done wheelies since (except my attempts getting the front tire up 6-12" up on this bike) and would never on a street where anyone is ever again. Thinking about something like Triumph Tiger someday, not really for dirt anymore but they can do gravel and dirt roads ok. If they ever make a Tiger Cub like rumored for years would be great as a 2nd bike.
You never forget your first love!! LOL :D

oyamyers

I also live in WA and I'm guessing you parked it when we had that massive snow storm this past winter.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member