Intro/ New Bike *Few Pics*

KingDP

Hello everyone, Just picked up this beauty today already loving it.
Can't wait to start modding. Already have Flushies , a fender elim On the way and the 2Bros system(sitting waiting for after break in).
also plan on doing a projector/HID retrofit eventually and swapping the mirrors (Possibly ZX6R or R6 mirrors).
Heres a few pics enjoy :)

*Edit* didn't expect them to stay full res. better viewed at this imgur link.
http://imgur.com/a/t7OLD#PDjse

Detrich

congrats, welcome, and ride safely! :)

TigerGenetics

Beautiful. I love that color scheme. Congrats and enjoy!!

KingDP

Thanks for the welcomes :)

dhewitt88

Nice choice, identical to mine except so far I have the fender elim, hot bodies flush mounts (Don't recommend these unless you go with some mirrors with integrated signals in them paired up, oncoming traffic can't seem them in the daylight) and recently just installed the PROGRIP 719 RVGS Superbike Gel Grips - orange to match the paint ;). Next on my list are integrated turn signal mirrors, tinted windscreen, and debating taking the fairing decals off and painting some of the plastics (if I can find a good orange plastic paint).

The TB exhaust is a long term goal, they're spendy ;(

JSP

Super Moderator
Great looking bike! And Welcome!

KingDP

dhewitt88, your mod list is pretty much exactly what i want to do.
Im probably going to pick up some frame sliders tint my windscreen and possibly have my fairing decals removed and painted to match the tank.
So many things to do! Got a good little night ride on the bike and i'm loving it feels so much more comfortable then the Ninja 650R my brother rides.

What mirrors have the integrated turn signals? i've seen a few in some videos but they never specify the brand or the bike they come off.

dhewitt88

dhewitt88, your mod list is pretty much exactly what i want to do.
Im probably going to pick up some frame sliders tint my windscreen and possibly have my fairing decals removed and painted to match the tank.
So many things to do! Got a good little night ride on the bike and i'm loving it feels so much more comfortable then the Ninja 650R my brother rides.

What mirrors have the integrated turn signals? i've seen a few in some videos but they never specify the brand or the bike they come off.
The only ones I've come across are the Trojan Universal mirrors with integrated turn signals like these: TROJAN UNIVERSAL BAR MOUNT MIRROR W LED SIGNALS | eBay

Not sure exactly what kind of work will need to be done to get them mounted to the frame, but the hot bodies flush mounts don't do any justice for oncoming traffic, a car almost hit me already at a stop sign... My other option (which I think I'm more inclined to do) is mount another set of flush mounts inside the plastic air intake looking pieces by the headlight. I think someone else on the forums did that with their bike. Then go with some R6 mirrors or something.

Ya I've been thinking about painting those the same as the burnt orange on the tank, but I think it might be hard to match that color. So instead I might just detail a few pieces of the plastics here and there, and maybe get some brake caliper paint and leave the fairings black.

CDN6R

Welcome to the Forum KingDP! Another fellow Canadian here,(looks like we maybe takin over!) This is a great place and I really like the Copper color 6R's congratulations.:thumbup:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

dhewitt88

Great minds think alike. Last night I worked up a photoshop of the bike with the organe painted fairing and gold graphics to see what it would look like. It would (will) look great.

I'm going to call my local dealership to see if they have a paint code, or can get the paint. I mean, they'd have to be able to to fix scraped up tanks, right?

Barring that, just take it to a custom paint shop and have them color match it.
This is true, but someone in another post mentioned that immortal graphics site which has some nice graphics that would look good on the black fairings, along with the orange plastic accents, and caliper paint would look good overall I think. All up to the rider :)

blkbrd

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member