Integrated LED Tail light (No Wire Cutting)

Chas3r

I found a integrated LED tail light that the website states is Plug N Play. I know I am not a big person into cutting wires so this is a alternative for me. Hopefully this will help someone else as well! If the link does not work for you the website is fatbikez.com
YAMAHA FZ6R 2009-2010 INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHTS

6R Blackout

I found a integrated LED tail light that the website states is Plug N Play. I know I am not a big person into cutting wires so this is a alternative for me. Hopefully this will help someone else as well! If the link does not work for you the website is fatbikez.com
Hey Bro did u get and install the tail light yet, cause I know I sure want to hear about it and even see it when ur done if u decide to do it. I checked it out and it looks cool. Let us know how it works out for ya.:noworries::mikebike:

iSpoolin

Are these things even legal? They may be there but i'm pretty sure that in WV you have to have normal turn signals :(

Detrich

i've been having some difficulties with placing orders from fatbikez... the first time i ordered the tech spec tank grips. they notified me they were out of stock, and they forgot to credit me back. i had to contact them to remind them. and, they completed the refund...

the issue i'm dealing with right now is that i ordered the oem yamaha seat cowl back in 12/18/2010. the order says it shipped, but that the vendor cancelled the shipment on 1/5/2011. i never received the product, and i never got refunded or notified either.

i contacted doug at fatbikez, and he said he would look into it. but, it's been 4 days, and still i haven't rec'd a refund or heard anything back yet. that thing was $160. so, i'm hoping that i don't have to go through a credit card chargeback...

they seemed like a good vendor, but so far my experience has not been great. :(

Last edited:

Speedv1

Are these things even legal? They may be there but i'm pretty sure that in WV you have to have normal turn signals :(
In Canada these aren't legal. At least in Ontario. THAT BEING SAID I have one but will use the integrated turn signals AND additional stalk signals.

sltwhr

I have an integrated tail light and when I got my bike inspected (I live in PA) the shop guys said they were in the grey area of being legal meaning the law was open to interpretation but they pass the bikes with them because they said you can't get pulled over for it, but if you get pulled over for some other reason they've heard of the fuzz trying to tack on an additional fine for them. I've done some research on the net and actually called my local police and all they said was if your not speeding, stunting or weaving through traffic they could care less about the lights.

I ordered some flush mount turn signals from fatbikez and they took forever to get here, but they did come eventually.

b_who

Heres one i found way cheaper on e-bay if your interested
09 10 YAMAHA FZ6R SMOKE LED TAILLIGHT SIGNAL INTEGRATED - eBay (item 370362759318 end time Feb-03-11 07:43:41 PST)

6R Blackout

Intergrated tail light.

Has anyone put one of these intergrated tail lights on there bike? Anyone?:confused:

Chas3r

I contacted the seller from ebay because I found that listing as well and asked them about having to splice wires and if it was as simple as plug and play, the response was it was plug and play... I also decided to find one of the customers who bought the light from them asked them the same questions and this was the reply
"it appears to be just as bright, i had no way of doing a side by side comparison. no directions came with the light. i removed the grab rail on the rear(4 screws). removed the 3 screws that hold the light to a metal bracket and unplugged the light socket. the new light has a plug that fits into the socket for the old bulb and spliced each of the other two wires , on the new light, to the signal wires. i didn't think it was too difficult. it might have taken 30 min. good luck"
So I am not sure which route I want to go with it at the moment.

Chas3r

Has anyone put one of these intergrated tail lights on there bike? Anyone?:confused:
In a different thread they talked about the integrated light but it was meant for the xj6 and you needed to splice wires to get it to work. So this is the alternative to splicing wires.

b_who

Chas3r
i would go with the one on e-bay sense its only costs half the price and i would the guess the fatbikez one is the same were you would have to splice the turn signal but if your dilemma is u don't want to have to splice wires id say look it up on the internet. i'm sure you would find a good video of how to and it would save sum bucks and also considering it sounds like a couple of people are having trouble with there orders from fatbikez

good luck to what ever you end up doing :thumbup:

ChrisFZ6R09

i've been having some difficulties with placing orders from fatbikez... the first time i ordered the tech spec tank grips. they notified me they were out of stock, and they forgot to credit me back. i had to contact them to remind them. and, they completed the refund...

the issue i'm dealing with right now is that i ordered the oem yamaha seat cowl back in 12/18/2010. the order says it shipped, but that the vendor cancelled the shipment on 1/5/2011. i never received the product, and i never got refunded or notified either.

i contacted doug at fatbikez, and he said he would look into it. but, it's been 4 days, and still i haven't rec'd a refund or heard anything back yet. that thing was $160. so, i'm hoping that i don't have to go through a credit card chargeback...

they seemed like a good vendor, but so far my experience has not been great. :(
Hey Detrich,

Same here, i don't think i'll ever order from Fatbikez again, they have me in the same position and it's continuously (out of stock). I don't know about all of you, but i'm going to stay away from them from now on. My order is well over a month old...

Detrich

doug finally credited me back this weekend... but, yah- i don't think i'll ever order from them again. they list very competitive prices, but they don't seem to keep any inventory and drop ship everything from other suppliers. hence the slow & questionable delivery times... not worth the headache, imo...

Hey Detrich,

Same here, i don't think i'll ever order from Fatbikez again, they have me in the same position and it's continuously (out of stock). I don't know about all of you, but i'm going to stay away from them from now on. My order is well over a month old...

ChrisFZ6R09

Same here, the prices were awesome and cheaper than anywhere else. I agree...if a headache is involved. not worth it.

mike1000

I have put them on a couple of FZ6R's and the only part that's plug n play is the brake light only. If you want the integrated turn signals to work, you must cut into the stock wiring. It is super simple and nothing to be scared of. Mine looks great and you can even see it from the side because the columns of LED's are staggered low at the edges to highest point at the middle. Don't pass on this great mod because it makes you a little nervous to splice into the factory wiring. On a tech scale of 1 to 10, this will be a 5. It is well worth it!

NeoTericJM

I agree splicing the wires may be easier than removing some parts of the bike. Its really not that complicated. Pretty self explanatory. I have not put one of these in but I have done lots of wiring work before.

What type of connector was on the bike when you guys purchased your tail light? Mine was round on all 3 of the tail lights I've ordered and not rectangular to fit my bike.