Install Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders...Tool Help?

mike1000

Do I need to use a torque wrench to remove and replace the mounting bolts from the frame or can I just use a regular socket wrench?

redwing-2001

Do I need to use a torque wrench to remove and replace the mounting bolts from the frame or can I just use a regular socket wrench?
Probably not a good idea to remove anything with a torque wrench. A ratchet and appropriate socket/allen wrench would be a better choice for removal. A quick search of my on-line manual did not readily reveal torque specs for installation. Some thread locker (lock-tite) would probably be a good idea.

MikeN02

^ You shouldn't use a torque wrench to get something off, just something on. I'd use a breaker bar.

JSP

Super Moderator
Yes, there is a torque spec for pretty much every bolt on the bike. I do not have the shop manual on this computer but I do at home if no one else has helped you yet I can look..

I have seen people strip out their bolts which is a pain in the ass since its an engine bolt... You can go pretty tight though, its not gonna strip out too easy, but if you have a torque wrench it would be good to have it in spec...

mike1000

Yes, there is a torque spec for pretty much every bolt on the bike. I do not have the shop manual on this computer but I do at home if no one else has helped you yet I can look..

I have seen people strip out their bolts which is a pain in the ass since its an engine bolt... You can go pretty tight though, its not gonna strip out too easy, but if you have a torque wrench it would be good to have it in spec...
That would great! Thanks!

JSP

Super Moderator
40 ft/lb....