I rode a N250R

Reaver

:zombie:

It feels like I'm riding on the back of a malnutritioned Ethiopian child.

It feels underpowered. Squirmy, awkward and plain out dangerous.

Yuckidy yuck

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

xorbe

:zombie:

It feels like I'm riding on the back of a malnutritioned Ethiopian child.

It feels underpowered. Squirmy, awkward and plain out dangerous.

Yuckidy yuck
I have one, it's fun around the block, but out of its element above 55 or so (real world traffic). The older pre-gen ones were a little lighter and a couple more hp than the new-gen 250R bikes. It does feel crazy small after using the FZ6R for a week. Like a circus bicycle.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Reaver

Damn, got to spread the rep around some more. You've earned it, though. I hope someone else gives it to you.
Lol it's not that it's a bad motorcycle. It's just.

I dunno different.

Carries a sixer pretty good when going to the gas station and back though, :rolleyes:

xorbe

I got to ride a GSX-S750 and vstrom650 this weekend, both fun in their own way. Neither felt stronger than the 6R on take-off ...
Older thread, but I just have to comment on this.

I constructed a dyno chart that accounted for 1st gear gearing and rider weight ... I was shocked to see FZ6R, Street Triple, and R3 all about the same to 25 mph. R3 falls off drastically after 25. ST walks away from FZ6R after 40 or so. It was an eye opener for around town riding. The shocker is the FZ-07 leads the ST (and R3 and FZ-07) in a big way up to 45 mph. The ST goes on to 'stratospheric' 97 whp but for around town, you can't access that peak power until 60-72 mph at the top.

After 45-55 though you have to start taking wind drag into account, which kills low whp machines and nakeds. This is why the little bikes are fun around town, it doesn't take a lot of peak whp. It takes cubic power (mph ^ 3) to overcome drag, that's why the freeway is brutal, and aerodynamics are so important.

Last edited: