How to survive 6 hour + rides!

drben69

Hi all

I'd like to ride from Sydney to the gold coast "Australia"

This is about 8 hours worth of riding....

how swore is my ass going to be and is there any tricks or new seats you buy to survive these trips??

iSpoolin

Padded Bicycle Shorts! That's what helps me.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

linkgt

I've heard people taking their seat to an upholstery place so they can replace the foam or something and make it more comfortable.

2wheelie

I put these sit-beads from a car store (10$), cut to the size of my sit, and it make a big difference. I wanted to rty as I heard other riders on forum did it, and I was kind of skeptical since it made of wooden beads... but it works!

MustGoFaster

airhawk seat cushion...
and no matter what, you still need to plan on a break every hour or two to stretch out and rehydrate, etc. etc. etc.
Yessir. That and I find on straightaways standing on the pegs for a few helps, heh. Make sure you get plenty of rest before hand, too. Your body will thank you for it.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

F

Flyer421

Ride alot before hand just to get used to it riding a bike is like any exercise the more you do it the easier it gets for long rides. And I am no health nut but if your runnning and cardio exercises have always seemed to make it easier to take a long trip.