How to install Stompgrip Traction Pads

F

FZ6R_Blue

I got the black section on good without a problem but i can see right away that i'm going to run into some issues getting the main clear pad down right without air bubbles....can anyone run a step by step of how they made theirs work?
thanks

Detrich

i didn't get clear ones because of bubbles... what section did u use black and which section clear? seems like a weird combo...

that being said, the way u apply it is the same... and, that is, first find the shortest/smallest surface edge possible and peel a very small 1cm starter area of thw ax paper away- just along that edge to get it started- and line it up good.

start from one side and very slowly move your way to the other- ie stick-flatten-peel, stick-flatten-peel etc. use a hair dryer to blow on it as you go so the glue softens a bit to make it more sticky and easier to push down to squeeze the bubbles out.

it's kinda like the reverse of scratching off the renewal stickers of your license plate in some ways... lol. frustrating as hell, but worth it for the looks after it's all done.

F

FZ6R_Blue

The black is on the part that hugs the bottom of the tank....

Detrich

ah, ok... that's where mine is installed too. personally i like the black better, cuz the clear one isn't really invisible and still has a milky/ cloudy outline where it sits.

b_who

heres a link to stomp grips website and there 54.95
Stomp Design Online | YAMAHA

and here they are on ebay there pretty nice sense they include a grip for the plastic part under the tank and also the tank.2009,09,2010,10 FZ6R, FZ6 R, Black Stomp Grip.StompGrip | eBay for 50 with free shipping, and the ebay one has a picture of what they look like encase anybody was wondering.
Id go with black you dont have to worry about the air bubbles

and as for the bubbles you gotta go SUPER slow and take your time and start at one tip and and flatten it out on millimeter at a time. i was too impatient so it came out like crap haha