How low can it go? Bike Lowering

Bikegirl88

The new Roading Toyz link offers me the hope that I need to enable me to buy an FZ6R.

For you that have lowered your bike - just how low could you get it? I was at the dealer this morning and they did not seem to know much about lowering this bike.

Can you share with me your real experience with lowering?

Thanks

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
The new Roading Toyz link offers me the hope that I need to enable me to buy an FZ6R.

For you that have lowered your bike - just how low could you get it? I was at the dealer this morning and they did not seem to know much about lowering this bike.

Can you share with me your real experience with lowering?

Thanks
I lowered my wife's with the link and only lowered the front triplles 3/4". At the seat, the net drop was 1.2" and I'm sure I could get another 1/4" out of it if I wanted to lower the triples more. What is your inseam? Her's is 30" and she is now flatfoot with her motorcycle boots on. :D

xplodnstar

+1. I don't know the actual measurement of the seat height, but the RT link definitely helped the most. Also, seat shaving can get you another 1/2" or so. I have about a 29" inseam and can almost fully flatfoot. I am close enough, though to have confidence.

Bikegirl88

Great feedback.

I am about 29 inch for the inseam.

Jenn62501

+1. I don't know the actual measurement of the seat height, but the RT link definitely helped the most. Also, seat shaving can get you another 1/2" or so. I have about a 29" inseam and can almost fully flatfoot. I am close enough, though to have confidence.

What exactly is seat shaving?

Bikegirl88

This is where you remove the seat cover and remove some of the foam to lower the seat. You may want to use an expert for this as I have seen some bad do it yourself jobs!!

xplodnstar

One of the guys at my bike shop did it for me. The trick is to narrow as well as lower the amount of foam on the seat without taking away all of the padding that makes it comfortable. My guy did it for $90, 1 hour of labor.

The other option for the seat is to get a custom one from somewhere like Corbin, but that can get much pricier.