Honda offering new CBR 600R

Stricken

Looks like a great alternative to our bikes!

DragonBlu

Being an old Honda lover this looks like the one I have been waiting for. Too bad the FZ6R has won me over. Yamaha Rules! :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Honda is second to Yamaha for me.

That thing has the old style Banana seat though... there's no option for a seat cowl unless you pull a two piece on it.

creggur

They're supposed to be unveiling a new VFR800X at the show in Italy tomorrow. I'm highly interested as it will have a more standard seating position (like the FZ6R). I've said before - my bike's V4 in a bike with a handlebar/seat/peg position like the FZ6R would be absolutely perfect.

Of course they probably won't bring it Stateside - we never get the cool stuff:confused:

bjs045

They're supposed to be unveiling a new VFR800X at the show in Italy tomorrow. I'm highly interested as it will have a more standard seating position (like the FZ6R). I've said before - my bike's V4 in a bike with a handlebar/seat/peg position like the FZ6R would be absolutely perfect.

Of course they probably won't bring it Stateside - we never get the cool stuff:confused:
Can't wait to see it too!

W

whatever

the ninja 250 looks way better then the honda does...... and you sure won't find any hondas 600 for 5149 that's for sure.... i take my yamaha any day

rossi
edwards
spies
haga

that long swingarm on are bike helps the bike hook up like it does.

yamaha into racing

now the new ninja 1000 that may be a different story.

Detrich

i know honda has a greate reputation. but, the problem i have with honda cars are that they are SO utterly boring and lacking any kind of persona whatsoever. if their bikes are anything like their cars, then i'll happily pass...

creggur

i know honda has a greate reputation. but, the problem i have with honda cars are that they are SO utterly boring and lacking any kind of persona whatsoever. if their bikes are anything like their cars, then i'll happily pass...
As a Honda owner I hear this quite often. Heck, the VFR has been described as: Vanilla, boring, too refined, etc... Well, if a glass smooth engine that will go 100k without needing a valve adjustment is boring - count me in. If a chassis that tracks solid through curves with your knee down is boring - count me in. If 2nd and 3rd gear power wheelies are boring - you get the idea:D

Trust me I've ridden more than a few Hondas and they aren't boring - overpriced maybe - but not boring by any stretch...;)

W

whatever

yep yamaha little more hardcore.... when we rode 4 wheelers we rode grizzleys because foremens had trouble doing 50 where the yamahas would do over 60.

honda is a little more conservative company.

Superfly

Honda's aren't boring...if you don't believe that - you should try the CBR1000RR first and then you'll see. However I guess some might be kinda dull to ride. The cbr250r maybe...sounds like a lawnmower in the vid...

I think the trend to 400cc or 250cc bikes is the manufacturers responding to the market and to insurance costs. The riders (mostly young and male) want to ride bikes but have 1) limited cash 2) trouble with insurance at the new rider level. At least thats how I see it in Ontario. I'm not sure that a 250 will be satisfying for most riders but I guess when you're new the little bikes seem powerful to you. Keeps you in the honda family as you trade up. But from the 125R to the 250R to what exactly? the CBR600RR? Thats a big step...

It would be nice if you could get the ECU on the 600RR to just give you 40HP till you get a year riding it. Then maybe up to 80HP in year two. Then 120HP year three...but thats not going to sell bikes I suppose :)

JonKerr

Elite Member