Helmet ponytails

reiobard

some of the girl racers in my area wear them on their race helmets, it si kind of funny to see going 100 mph by you.

reiobard

I merged these threads so that you don;t have to follow both. so the responses now might be a bit out of order, but should be better from here on out.

S

Steph

I merged these threads so that you don;t have to follow both. so the responses now might be a bit out of order, but should be better from here on out.
Thanks, I pm'ed Dennis about it, but as a newish supermod, I didn't want to overstep my bounds :D

jdesiano1

Thanks I was like crap now what. Oh Well. Thats what ya'll get paid the big bucks for. LOL

Back on topic: These are the ones I was looking at with my blk and pink joe rocket helmet.

xplodnstar

Personally I use these. (see below)
Helmet Accessaries - Devil Horns w/Tail by John's Bike Bits
Not overly girly, but still fun. The tiger and other animals are cute too. Um, I mean cool looking for the guys.

The ponytail can be fun too, but I would think it'll get just as tangled as real hair.

To keep my hair in the helmet and not end up with helmet head, I use those beaded combs that are on TV. Although I picked them up at a motorcycle show before they were on TV. HairZing Double Comb Hair Accessories It works great, easy to use, and I can keep it in for the day or take my hair out and leave it down.

jdesiano1

I think they should make a hooch helmet (the extra helmet guys carry around to pick up chicks) that carries ridex (for lice) and plan b(for those unexpected moments) just stuck to the outside. LOL sorry if that was inappropriate.:thumbup:

F

FZ1inNH

Yeah! I'd hit dat.... :rof:

I think they are awesome for the ladies... Bold guys can get the Mohawks!

A

aussiejules

Do what ever you want it, it really doesnt matter what every one else thinks, i have always worried and it seems the people who are less stressed are the ones who dont.

H

Humperdinkel

I say go for it if they tickle your fancy , i like them :D........Not that i'd ever wear them , i cut my real one off years ago :thumbup:

A

alanrim

I have a real one :eek:
I have a real one too...

Only trouble is it is plated and pinned to my notice board :) was a weird day when it was cut off and my head shaved, but that is the price of getting older and wiser (and losing your hair).

fz6rwolf

Don't have a pic with helmet on but I started growing one abour year and a half ago. Fortunately I have a pretty good head of hair at 46. I'm rebeling from 22+ years in the Navy and doing law enforcement for a time. Now I'm in medical field where it's pretty accepted so think I'll keep growing it out awhile.;)

04fizzer

Bummer...I thought this was going to be a helpful thread when I saw it on the mainpage. My wife's hair is a tangled MESS after we get back from riding, as it is permed and at least half way down her back. It takes forever to brush it out. Any thoughts? (not trying to high jack though..)

Those are kinda neat; never seen them before. The girls version of the mohawk I guess. They won't be on my wife's helmet though, just like the mohawk's not on mine...
Have her get a hair glove

nomen cognomen

yeaaahh... but, if you do have longer hair... try drilling two large holes in either side and pulling them through :thumbup: just take the helmet off before you drill
:rof:

I'm not much of a girly girl, so those pony tail attachments are a huge no for me, even those big mohawk ones. I think they're super tacky and embarrassing. And besides, wouldn't those ponytails get super tangled when you ride?

I'm more of a minimalist. I would LOVE to put these dragon tooth spikes on my helmet:
Dragon tooth spikes

R

RyanK

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and suggestions :thumbup:

after a few rides with the ponytail holder down low (just below the helmet) and tucking her hair in her jacket, it doesn't get tangled hardly at all.