Hello from Russia

sasha

Hello, I've been a reader of this forum for a while now, and it's about time to become a member of this forum. Got my bike past February, had a first ride in April, got my license in early May and riding every day since.
It's my first bike ever, so there's nothing much to compare to, except the car, but considering traffic in Moscow, it's more like moving vs standing.
Anyway, got my first 1K on clock yesterday, so far no regrets, love my baby-streetfighter, great commuter, crappy tourer, which I hope to fix, and a super noob friendly bike overall, moving from 125cc school bike to 600cc was nice and easy.

_serge

congrats with your purchase; I also got fz6r as my first bike after long period of not riding. Be safe, traffic must be horrible there and I guess still no respect from cagers and gai to bikers at all. Btw, posting some pictures of your ride would be nice :)

успехов, Сергей ;)

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Welcome, I think you may be the first on here from Russia. My Dad travels there all the time and I would love to go with him one of these days. Enjoy the bike and if you mod it up be sure to post pics.

sasha

congrats with your purchase; I also got fz6r as my first bike after long period of not riding. Be safe, traffic must be horrible there and I guess still no respect from cagers and gai to bikers at all. Btw, posting some pictures of your ride would be nice :)

успехов, Сергей ;)
Thanks Serge,
It's a tad better than it was couple of years ago, slowly people getting used to bikes around the city. And you're pretty much safe if you made yourself noticed :) It's still worth riding, without speeding, just by lane splitting you can save more than 50% of time you'd spend if you drove a car.
Will post photos some once I get my hands on camera

sasha

Welcome, I think you may be the first on here from Russia. My Dad travels there all the time and I would love to go with him one of these days. Enjoy the bike and if you mod it up be sure to post pics.
Thanks PuRpl3_Dr4nK, will post some photos in a while. You would like Russia, if you ever travel there, just make sure you have an alternative tourist route rather than standard boring stuff like Kremlin and Red Square.
Anyway, if I'm correct you're not that far from West Coast, and from what I saw, it's a drivers paradise, so many different roads in one place.. You're lucky, man, here, in Moscow, you have to drive 600 miles through plains to find a good twisters..

WenMark

Welcome to the family. I am a teacher and work with a girl from Russia. Actually mostly with her husband, but she works there too and she teaches French. Hope to see you on here alot. Have fun with the bike and be safe.:)

Spunky99

I watched and read the exploits of a girl that drove her motorcycle through the wastelands of Chernobyl. Very cool!
Be careful and have fun on the bike this summer. Use the time saved to have fun.:D

Rat

welcome!

Вливайся, Саша.
И поосторожнее на московских дорогах, береги себя.
Жму руку, Виталик.

sasha

Thanks WenMark, Spunky99, Rat!

Spunky99, I wouldn't ride around Chernobyl on my bike, unless I want my bike glowing in the dark :D
But I know that tours around Pripyat are quite popular, it's like one of these documentaries about what's gonna happen on Earth if all people suddenly disappear, but in real life..