Headlight Switch

Im wondering if anyone has put a toggle switch on their headlight? I am currently running a 65 watt heated jacket with 22w gloves(11 per) and might add socks or pants. Since most of my riding now is day time and i am riding to school in the mornings, headlight use is not mandatory or a problem. My main fear is most of my commute to college can be stop and go. I want to reduce the amount of draw on my charging system. I just doing research right now to see if it would even be worth the work, if even possible. My other question, would this work with an HID kit since im going to have a projector retrofit done next season.

Ricenoodle

to my knowledge headlight is required to be on always while you're on the road by DOT for safety reason nationwide. As to why you would want them off to reduce drain is beyond me because that's alot of wattage and you'll have to worry about heat issues and drain issues as discussed above. I had HID before doing a projector retrofit and it was plenty of light for me but the glare and lack of focused light made me switched. I opted for the Bill me later option and just went with Rabbitman's projector since that should have been my first lighting upgrade option after having HID's for 6 months. Food for thought.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member