Headlight Kill Switch?

Jason M

So my new baby has a little blue switch on the left side. Flipping it just kills the headlight, not the tail light. The headlight relay is gone, just wired right into the switch. I'm assuming this is for strictly hood-rat sh!t? Any other ideas?

I've got a couple of other electrical gremlins -- radiator fan runs all the time, and integrated rear blinkers are wonky. Ugh. I've order a relay to swap in to see if that clears some of the electrical issues.

Could somebody post a picture of a stock headlight relay setup and a stock radiator fan relay setup?

head light kill switch.jpg

no headlight relay.jpg

Just_Jim

I had a kill switch for the low beams on my R6 to turn them off when I had to tape them up for track days. With the headlights off, the tape didn't melt onto the headlight lenses making it super easy to remove the tape for street riding. Maybe your bike was used for track days.

Jason M

I had a kill switch for the low beams on my R6 to turn them off when I had to tape them up for track days. With the headlights off, the tape didn't melt onto the headlight lenses making it super easy to remove the tape for street riding. Maybe your bike was used for track days.
I didn't think about it being a track day mod! It's got a little bit of rash but nothing on the bars or pegs. The new relay came in - gotta love Prime shipping. With the relay in, the headlight isn't on when the key is the 'On' position but it does come on with I actually start the bike. Does this sound right?

Jerzee55

I didn't think about it being a track day mod! It's got a little bit of rash but nothing on the bars or pegs. The new relay came in - gotta love Prime shipping. With the relay in, the headlight isn't on when the key is the 'On' position but it does come on with I actually start the bike. Does this sound right?
Yes, that is the normal behavior. Key on, running lights come on, not headlight, until the bike starts.