green traffic light trigger

Detrich

What's a green traffic light trigger?

Speedv1

To Detrich: A green light trigger is simply something that is supposed to change the lights when you are at a light with a traffic detector (senses when x amount of cars are waiting..).

To OP: If you look on google you'll see a whole bunch of ideas - earth magnets (super strong) are a common "add-on". They are supposed to break the magnetic field of the detector. Honestly the biggest trick in the appropriate spot so that your engine is closest to the detector. Here is a good breakdown on how to do that.

Last edited:

Detrich

I thought "devices" are illegal? No?

Speedv1

I thought "devices" are illegal? No?
Hahaha, wow. I totally forgot about THOSE types of devices. The actual units to change lights to green (only works on lights hooked up to do this) are not legal for personal use. That being said I know a few people who found "made in China" products that seem to work on and off...

The devices I thought were originally being discussed were the things like magnets, that help with traffic detecting lights.

MikeN02

I had one, it worked for some lights and didn't work for others. Bought mine from Cycle Gear.

Pretty much gave up on it, also it melted because it was too close to my exhaust but it still worked a little. Nowadays I just position myself right or make right turns.

ChrisFZ6R09