Grab rail questions?

RJRinker

Has anyone removed the rubber from their grab rail or made their own grab rail?

I'm thinking about buying one but the rubber on it is a bit worn. So I'm wondering what it'd look like without the rubber on it.
Unfortunately my 09 6r didn't have the grab rail with it when I bought it. From all the pictures I've seen I believe it looks better with it. So I'm trying find a solution to make the tail look less blah.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RJRinker

Hmmm.. yea I'm not a fan of the two part one. I like the way the one piece covers the tail light just a bit... I'm just debating because I can get this one for 40$. I was just wondering if the rubber coating isn't very thick. I could just remove it and powder coat it. Then it'd have a nice custom look without paying much or goin crazy and making one myself.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Chris12

Has anyone removed the rubber from their grab rail or made their own grab rail?

I'm thinking about buying one but the rubber on it is a bit worn. So I'm wondering what it'd look like without the rubber on it.
Unfortunately my 09 6r didn't have the grab rail with it when I bought it. From all the pictures I've seen I believe it looks better with it. So I'm trying find a solution to make the tail look less blah.

I'm sure with your powder-coating skills, you'd have no problem cutting the rubber off and making it look good.

Color match it!

RJRinker

Yea I'm sure I could make it look good. That is if it doesn't look like a flimsy piece of metal without the rubber. Someone has to have intentionally or unintentionally (ie. wreck) cut it and seen how thick it is.
Although the more I think about it I may just mock something up. I have an idea of a aluminum diamond tread plate front fairing for the headlight. So maybe matching it in the rear would look dope.