Got to ride today!

littlepinecone

Well, all the sunshine and (relatively) warm weather was really calling my name. UP rode home for lunch so he could watch the boys and I could go out for a ride. Bonus points!

I can't tell you how good it felt to get back out on the bike again after almost a month of not riding. And it was nice not to be freezing my tail off like last time I rode.

Also, as an interesting side point, the ONLY other bike i saw out there on my 40 minute ride was a geared up chick on a rebel. I mean, i could probably count on one hand all the other girls i saw out riding this past summer. Then on a 49 degree day, in February, the only other biker I see is a girl. What are the odds?

In any case, it felt good to be out there.

DragonBlu

Great you could get out for a ride. I too took a little 70 mile ride yesterday. It was about 50 here in the afternoon. We have been down in the mid twenties at night so I did hit a couple patches of ice in the shaded spots in the NW coast range of Oregon here. It did feel good to get out though! Happy riding and stay safe.

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice! Always good to get a ride in or two in the off season :thumbup: I manage 1 or 2 a month when I can.

Jago9

Nice!
If I wasn't so lazy, I would put my battery back in and take advantage of this unseasonably warm winter that we are having.

Glad some of us are taking advantage and enjoying some nice rides.

Also, as an interesting side point, the ONLY other bike i saw out there on my 40 minute ride was a geared up chick on a rebel. I mean, i could probably count on one hand all the other girls i saw out riding this past summer. Then on a 49 degree day, in February, the only other biker I see is a girl. What are the odds?
are you saying that only women are tough enough to brave the cold on bikes??? HMMMMM!

JK!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

littlepinecone

Nice!
are you saying that only women are tough enough to brave the cold on bikes???

I thought about making some comment like that, but then i was afraid someone else would say that only the women are CRAZY enough to go out riding at these temps.

It does feel practically balmy for february though. This is the first year Jeff didn't fully winterize my bike (or maybe its just the first year I've noticed?). The thought of giving up the 6R for the whole winter was just too depressing. I've been out as often as i could.

littlepinecone

I did hit a couple patches of ice in the shaded spots in the NW coast range of Oregon here. It did feel good to get out though! Happy riding and stay safe.
I was SO happy to find that our roads were perfect out here - not even salt in most places. On a couple especially clean corners out here i even got to practice some faster cornering techniques. Weeeeee! Yep, it was a good ride.

DavidB455

I ride all conditions bar solid ice. I don't get much chance to fast cornering in Scotland. Its always crap road conditions.

txjames

Elite Member

UselessPickles

Long time ago, I was signing up for a Yahoo IM account. My usual screen name wasn't available, and I couldn't think of anything. Luckily, I had been working on a computer program that generated random sentences. I decided that I would use the subject of the next random sentence it produced as my new screen name. I forget the whole sentence, but it involved "Jeff's useless pickles."